Esteemed Contributor

Re: What apple can you bite into with your dentures?

You can eat any apple if you cut it up. I don't have dentures but I cut up all my apples, just easier.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

Never found a 'need' to bite into a whole apple!

Honored Contributor

Winesap and MacIntosh are soft and should work well with dentures. Granny Smith might work too.  

I don't have dentures, but biting into hard apples is like scraping my fingernails over glass.  Can't stand it.  Those very hard red delicious drive me nuts.

Honored Contributor

I don't know why your husband wants to bite into an apple.  Especially with dentures!  My mother has had dentures since she was 26 years old.  They are such a perfect fit, she never needed adhesives.  BUT....she did somehow lose a tooth on the side once from eating something hard (I think it was a sourball!)  Yes...a sourball!

I have my own teeth and probably haven't bitten into an apple since I was in my twenties.  Why tempt fate?  I don't want to lose or chip or break a tooth and dentures can also break.

Just tell him to cut it up.  It's really no hassle to cut up an apple unless your on a ferris wheel or something....lol

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've had Fillings, upon Fillings, & Root Canals, & Crowns, Fillings in Crowns, & Crowning my Crowns since I was very young. 

(I tell ppl, I'm worth $1 MILLION, and it's ALL IN MY MOUTH!)

As such, I dont recall EVER biting into an Apple whole; It would put undue pressure on my teeth, no matter real, dentures or not.

Visiting any kind of dentist/dental work fixer is my worst nightmare'  I've had more than a 2+ lifetimes of numerous visits to various "teeth fix'ers."    so I dont want to look a "gift 'tooth repairer' in the ofc/chair."  So I dont bite into apples whole.

The only ppl I've seen bite into apples whole is commercials selling "Tooth Implants,"  which so far, I consider quite dubious *& expensive." I mean *NOW* drilling into my jaw bones??  C'mon!

I prefer "HONEYCRISP"  (correction!)" brand of apples, for delicous taste & firmness. 

I cut them up, and sprinkle them with straight cinnamon (w/ no refined sugar) and they are incredibly delicious treats.

BTW. they have Apple Corer tools that supposedly make apple coring really fast, one swipe.  I cut/core mine by hand, tho, still fast.

Good luck.  Happy "no dentist visits!"  Good question, btw @Mindy D 

Honored Contributor

I dont even have denuires but never bite into hard fruits like that, I cut in small pieces. 

Valued Contributor

I always cut up my apples, I like eating

Golden Delicious with peanut butter.

Honored Contributor

After multiple root canals, I haven't bitten into an apple since I was a teenager.   I don't chomp ice, eat sticky, gummy, or caramel candies, no peanut brittle, limited nuts, and consume very little popcorn.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't have dentures but I prefer hard,crisp apples.....I never cut out the core and the only thing left is the stem or nothing...

Respected Contributor

@Danky2  you are like  me.  The best part of the apple is sometimes right by or into the core!  No waste for us! Cat Very Happy