Honored Contributor

What an April fool's day we had.

Woke up to no AC and no internet. Neighbor came over and said she was ill,we had to take her to the hospital with a terrible pain in her neck and back of her head. Turned out she was dehydrated and was fine after an IV. They kept her for observation. We are still without AC,but it isn't really very hot so we aren't too bad off. Woke up this morning and the internet is back on.The problem was at Frontier ,formerly version.

Honored Contributor

Re: What an April fool's day we had.

That would be an unpleasant day for sure.How could your neighbor get dehydrated...was she vomiting?Hope she is ok and also wanted to say that you are a great neighbor to have.

i will wish for continued cooler weather until you can get your air conditioner working.I hope your weekend is enjoyable and no more issues.

Trusted Contributor

Easy to get dehydrated by not drinking enough liquids.  This happened to my mom and mother-in-law.  It's common with the elderly.

Esteemed Contributor

@henderson wrote:

Easy to get dehydrated by not drinking enough liquids.  This happened to my mom and mother-in-law.  It's common with the elderly.

Also, one can become dehydrated by having diarrhea.

Honored Contributor

I am confident my mother does not drink enough fluid each day, which contributes to her mild confusion.  I've been reminding her of this for the last year, and there is a noticeable difference when she drinks the juices I buy for her.   She found out she loves white grape juice and pineapple-orange juice, so I buy them every couple of weeks.   Even tho she admits to not drinking the recommended amount of fluids by ounce measurement, she still believes she drinks "enough".   

Respected Contributor

@151949 yikes! What a day. No AC rates up there with about miserable as things can be, but I live in FL. It's always something isn't it??

Honored Contributor

(Sorry to interrupt OP's thread but...)  For my April Fool's day, I was without  TV, landline and internet for the past 24 hours or so.  Turns out from the Verizon guy that ants had chewed through the tiny cable wires that service my  home.  One of their utility trucks came this afternoon and repaired the cable.  What an April Fool's day, PLUS!!!!  (Hope the OP has A/C and everything else back in working order.)