Trusted Contributor

Re: What am I missing with this virus?

You can use it to blow your nose on and cough into if you run out of tissues, too.  

Honored Contributor

My BFF with 8 kids plus her & DH, could easily answer your question, LOL!

That's their norm, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

That question is in line with why the meat coolers are empty. Certainly not all the vegetarians became carnivores in the last week. People stock up because they are fearful of running out of common products during a long quarantine. While not logical, I understand the reasoning.

Respected Contributor

because if people are sick and quarantined there are less workers and fewer things are the price goes up and people have less money when they are not working

I only buy tp when my brand goes on sale so I bought mine about 2 months before this started

Trusted Contributor

Where I am in small town Michigan everything is closed until further notice. That includes the Court House, the bars, the restaurants, the clothing stores, the factories, accounting firms, the eye doctor, even the laundromat is locked up. 

The banks are drive-thru only, no lobby.

No cars on the streets.  Looks like an "end of the world" movie.

The only thing still operating is Walmart, Meijers, and the Dollar Stores.  And they have limited hours now and their shelves are bare.

I stocked my mom up on TP, food, water, medications.  She's in her 60s and vulnerable health wise and I don't want her going out.  Nothing to go out for anymore anyways.

I'm the only one going into work since my apartment is in the neighboring building.  My only human contact is with the UPS man and the mailman.

Am I to understand this isn't happening in every state?  Are most of you just living your normal lives?  Mine is the new normal and it sucks. Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

@cookinfreak wrote:

I get that people may end up at home for an extended period of time and wanting a little extra of a lot of things, but what I am talking about are the people who have hoarded hundreds and hundreds of rolls.

cookin

@cookinfreak But that's not mentioned in your OP

Valued Contributor

When you have the luxury of going to the store whenever you run out of something, you don't think about how much you use over a given period of time. Combine that with the uncertainty of how long you might be confined, and you have a tough time estimating your need particularly when you're rushing to purchase. And, of course, fear makes you want even more.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MezzieStarr  Yours is a bleaker existence than in my state, your neighbor to the west. DH is going to his office. His company put some limitations on employees who have traveled by air, and of course, no birthday treats can be shared in the office. Our restaurants are doing a good take out business. Big grocery chains that were once 24 hours, close overnight for restocking. Meat counters are empty except for things like bologna and hot dogs, but the freezer cases had plenty of chicken patties and such. Not sure how different my report might be in a week as things change fast

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cookinfreak   Just go to Ebay and search for tp and there is one of the reasons for some buying so much!  

For me, I always have at least 20 or more rolls (for 2 of us) at any given time.  Tp is one thing I don't ever want to run out of!  I never wait until I am running really low to buy more.  Tp is security for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cookinfreak wrote:

If it's Rich Textaa respiratory virus, why are people hoarding TP? I understand the cleansers but wouldn't it make more sense to make sure you have cough syrup and fever reducers on hand? They say the symptoms are cough and fever.

cookin

@cookinfreak 

Some are hoarding which is creating short supplies in grocery stores and other retailers.  And some are selling some of their stash to neighbors or check Amazon and Ebay and those prices.....making extra cash on the pandemic....ARRGGHHHH!!! Woman Mad

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”