Honored Contributor

Re: What age do you picture someone described as a grandmother?

Anything 45 and up, although there certainly are younger grandmas.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

It seems like I read Elizabeth Taylor became a grandmother at around 38. Glamorous grandma indeed. Smiley Happy

I am 59 and my first grandchild is on the way. Both the baby and my birthday are due in the next couple of weeks, so I don't know if I will be able to say I was a grandmother in my 50's or not yet, LOL.

I would have like to been a little bit younger first-time grandmother but it just didn't work out that way. I had all my kids in my 20's. They are all in the their 30's and just getting started but that's ok. It's all good. I'm just glad it finally happened. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

65 or so.

A lot of women are having children in their 40s...I think grandmas might be getting older soon!

Honored Contributor

On 3/8/2015 BeckiWV said:

I am 59 and my first grandchild is on the way. Both the baby and my birthday are due in the next couple of weeks, so I don't know if I will be able to say I was a grandmother in my 50's or not yet, LOL.

Congratulations and (almost) welcome to the Nana Sorority. It's the best!

Honored Contributor

All of my kids have had four paws, and were neutered or spayed, so I won't be a grandma ... doesn't bother me a bit. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I have a niece and nephew that I spoil rotten ... and then give them back to their mother. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/8/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:

All of my kids have had four paws, and were neutered or spayed, so I won't be a grandma ... doesn't bother me a bit. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I have a niece and nephew that I spoil rotten ... and then give them back to their mother. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

lol! That is awesome! I do the same with my grandson! I told my daughter if she is bad, he will get a drum set for Christmas!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/8/2015 lulu2 said:
On 3/8/2015 BeckiWV said:

Congratulations and (almost) welcome to the Nana Sorority. It's the best!

Thank you, I am SO excited! Smiley Happy