Honored Contributor

Re: What a gorgeous couple!!! Austin Butler and Kaia Gerber are dating!

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

It's not a woman's shirt if he is wearing it.

@QVCkitty1 Because he's wearing it sure doesn't make it a man's shirt either.  

@Sooner It is just a shirt. Clothes have no gender.

@QVCkitty1 They do to many people.  Nothing wrong with that.  Nouns have gender in many languages.  Gender is nothing to be ashamed of.  If there is no gender, women have no special rights or accommodations. 

Honored Contributor

Kind and respectful rings a bell.......

Looking back, the same was said about Elvis in his earlier years.

Let's wish and hope that Austin follows and stays on another path......one of good, healthy living.

Yes, beautiful couple.  Wishing them well. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

It's not a woman's shirt if he is wearing it.

@QVCkitty1 Because he's wearing it sure doesn't make it a man's shirt either.  

@Sooner It is just a shirt. Clothes have no gender.

@QVCkitty1 They do to many people.  Nothing wrong with that.  Nouns have gender in many languages.  Gender is nothing to be ashamed of.  If there is no gender, women have no special rights or accommodations. 

@Sooner , I'm sorry, to me they are just clothes. Women wear so called " men's ware " and often look more feminine by contrast. This is just my opinion, and I'll die on that hill.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 And I'll die on the hill of if there is no gender then no special considerations, time off, programs, clubs, etc.  for women are anything but unnecessary, inappropriate and offensive. 

Super Contributor

He can wear a woman's shirt if he would like, after all what is a woman these days?   But give me a manly man any day.  

Esteemed Contributor

I was so disappointed that Austin Butler didn't win the Oscar...In my opinion, his role was so much more challenging and difficult than those of the other nominees for Best Actor, including Brendan Fraser.

I have seen Austin on a few interviews and he literally put his life on pause for two years to prepare, study and immerse himself totally into Elvis' character and was completely dedicated to his role...That passion and energy shone through and was mesmerizing in his portrayal of Elvis.

Here is just part of a quote from an ariticle describing his total dedication into preparing himself for the role...

“It was two years where I didn’t see my family. I didn’t see my friends. I isolated completely in the world of him,” he explained. “What a great guy to get to hang out with every day and learn everything about. I read every book on his life. I watched every frame of footage, every interview he ever gave.”

"He immersed himself so much into the role, that the Southern California native still talks like the Memphis icon."

In the interviews that I have seen, he comes across as very humble and down-to-earth and very grateful for this opportunity.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Trusted Contributor

Off topic some, I think both Kaia and her brother, Presley lucked out in the looks department, they have their parents to be thankful for, Cindy Crawford and Rande Gerber.  JMO.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@QVCkitty1 And I'll die on the hill of if there is no gender then no special considerations, time off, programs, clubs, etc.  for women are anything but unnecessary, inappropriate and offensive. 

@Sooner , I honestly don't see the connection, so we must agree to disagree.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

As a society I think we should be more accepting of gender-fluid clothing--a trend that we as women initiated. If you aren't accepting of this concept I hope you wear skirts and dresses everyday and not the jeans, pants, button downs, blazers and loafers we have adopted. 

Kaia is beautiful and Austin, since seeing him in various interviews, seems so kind and genuine I do find him attractive.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

He looks like he is going after the David Bowie androgynous look of the 1970's. 

Image result for David Bowie Androgynous Look