Respected Contributor

Re: What a difference in relatives, night & day...........

I just watched the YouTube video, The Power of the Soil, and came upon another video that was excellent, Don't Rely On People.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

i have 3 sisters, i haven’t talked to them in near 30 years now.

they don’t call, nor write. I was sending them Xmas cards,birthday cards years ago but gave up when i never got anything back. They live around the country . None of us live in the town we were born and raised in.

Honored Contributor

@viva923.  That's really sad as a sister can be such a blessing.  My sister and I have been lifetime best friends.  She lives in Pennsylvania and I in New Mexico so we don't see each other often but we have a long phone conversation every Saturday night where we catch up on each other's activities.  She's really the only family I have.  I don't know what I'd do without her.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

I just happened to come upon this thread and find it very interesting, as I am dealing with a similar situation.

My DH is dying. He is on hospice care here at home and I am caring for him.

A few family and friends are keeping in touch on a regular basis, but the majority of them have completely cut off all contact with me. It almost seems like they just can't deal with all this emotionally, so are pretending like it's NOT happening and are distancing themselves. I find it very strange and cold hearted, but obviously after reading the other posts here, I'm not the only one dealing with this.

@catwhisperer  - I am so sorry to read about your husband.   May God give you strength in the days ahead.  Try not to worry too much about others right now, just concentrate on your husband your time together.  The rest will sort itself out later.  Sending you my prayers, loving someone hurts sometimes, doesn't it?  

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer so sorry about your DH....