Honored Contributor

Re: What a Sweetheart Couple! Bob Mackie & Antonella

Thank you, Bob, for explaining what a size 10 used to be.  If I recall correctly, I wrote something about this on the board quite a while back.  

In my heyday, if you wore a size 10, you were considered at the ideal size.  Even I wore size 9/10 for most of my youth.  When I went above that size, I knew I was in dangerous territory.  Bob explained that the numbers associated with sizes have changed.

I

Honored Contributor

Like Antonella, I have to admit that I do get a secret thrill from the Bob Mackie-labelled fashions I do own.  Deep down, I remember that he did Cher's fantastic outfits -- and I have some items from him, the Great Bob Mackie!  It is thrilling.

Honored Contributor

I seriously think that Antonella and Mr. Mackie are the perfect match!   We were able to learn more about Bob's earlier design years, etc., etc.  Very informative.  Antonella 'draws out' lots of interesting Mackie fashion information.   Bravo!   Let's see more of this duo.   Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

I agree they are Great together!!

Esteemed Contributor

When I was 18, I was size 12.  I was thinner than now, although I wear 8/10.  I was 18  in 1954.  I am not heavy , I have worked out for years, but it still went south.

Respected Contributor

A good combo.  Easy to watch.  He seems to calm her down quite a bit.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

For those who would like to see more of Antonella and Bob M, they are hosting a fashion show tonight on Q2!!  I think it is at 8pm Eastern!

PS  - oops, it is 10 pm Eastern....

Honored Contributor

I'm enjoying the Bob & Antonella Show again.  I was scolding myself for sitting around and doing this, but really, how pleasant they are.  Plus, I enjoy looking at Bob's fashions.  

I've had quite a few laughs, too.  Joyful.

Honored Contributor

God bless Antonella!  She has proved to be a natural interviewer and has asked Bob questions that we'd love to ask ourselves.

Edith Head!  Jean Louis!  As a kid, he was working with the best.