Esteemed Contributor

Re: What a 24 hr turnaround !

@Lindsays Grandma    Well, I'm not about to go to their Facebook site and I tried the other place and didn't find it a warm, friendly site like this one. Doubt I'd return to it ever again. Although I only check in here once a day for a few minutes, that other place was too big to be comfortable for me. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@4kitties wrote:

@Pook 

The Pro Boards site is still open for new members.  The only change is that you must register and sign in to read and post there.  All are still welcome.

@4kitties Thank you for this information;  I was wondering about that. I'd like to see if the others come back before registering there.  Some people (on multiple threads) have made it sound like you could no longer join the ProBoards group.

@faeriemoon 

You can join the proboards site at any time.  They are not closing it to posters who want to sign up.  It's only closed for reading unless you're a member.  

Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma    Well, I'm not about to go to their Facebook site and I tried the other place and didn't find it a warm, friendly site like this one. Doubt I'd return to it ever again. Although I only check in here once a day for a few minutes, that other place was too big to be comfortable for me. 

@BirkiLady ...I went to the other site as well and did not like it at all.  I'm not sure I would bother joining  there if these boards actually closed down.  And Facebook is not for me.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Thanks, @Bri369 .

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma @BirkiLady - which site did you try - was it Wisteria Lane? That one, for me, was harder to navigate. The ProBoard is set up almost exactly like this board - you should give it a try.

Esteemed Contributor

@riley1  What's Wisteria Lane? I have joined ProBoard and didn't feel as  comfortable there as on this Forum. Doubt I'd return even if this closes since the format didn't appeal to me. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

Did it ever occur to anyone that the reason they're keeping the forums up (for now) is that ProBoards was created for us? Do you really think they would keep the forums up if no one took action?

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@BirkiLadyI'm sorry you didn't feel the other place was warm and friendly.

I think it is kind of overwhelming right now navigating and getting used to a different format.

Everyone has a different feeling about it and yours is fine. 

Don't forget it will be what you put into it because there are certain posters who do band together but that happens here, too.

I pop in to read mostly. 

This place isn't always warm and friendly either.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Super Contributor

Glad to hear Q is keeping these forums. I don't post often, but read a lot. I tried FB, but it is too cluttered and hard to find certain topics. 

We shall see if they keep the boards open. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady - sorry, I just realized I didn't put the whole name in - Delphiforums. But, I found it much harder to navigate compared to this and ProBoards.