Respected Contributor

I logged on to this forum last night and I see this QVC post about the forums closing and I started reading all of the post about it and the post about starting a new forum. So then I followed directions to sign up for the new forum, joined and saw that many others had joined as well.  So I come back here tonight because I really liked this forum and I see that QVC changed their decision and is keeping this forum going !  My head is spinning but I will be fine !

I am glad the forum stays at least for now and I hope they don't change their minds after the Holidays !  Great job to all who voiced their opinion to keep this forum going, it's very important to many of us.

Honored Contributor

Re: What a 24 hr turnaround !

QVC friends,

Honored Contributor

I don't trust the Q anymore.  This is a temporary move for damage control.  The next time, they won't give us any warning and just shut down the forums.  Don't get too comfortable @Goodie2shoes .

Respected Contributor

QVC has approximately 16 million customers. How many do you think post on this board?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sushismom wrote:

QVC has approximately 16 million customers. How many do you think post on this board?

@Sushismom   Who knows, but I do feel that most on here spend a lot.  I have to agree with @San Antonio Gal  I am not 100% comfortable.   We have heard nothing from the Mods.  I heard a lot say they canceled their q cards and auto delivery plans.  Maybe they realized at Christmas they could lose a lot.  

Trusted Contributor

Well I'm excited. At least for now we keep the forums. I was really going to miss them. I wrote an email and voiced my opinion several times about these forums. I feel like maybe they heard us. Happy, for now. Woman Very Happy

Super Contributor

THANK YOU Q!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sounds like many have turned this way too personal!!  So many lobbied for everyone to contact QVC to keep these forums open then rushed to get a new forum set up and now after just a couple of weeks when QVC seems to have realized their mistake decided to keep the forums open since so many were not going  to facebook and reversed their decision (which was the original goal for everyone) the  otner site quickly closed lurking (that was just stated yesterday would  be available for a bit so posters could check it out and decide if it was worth it to join) and immediately on QVC giving posters what they wanted by keeping these forums open - locked the new site to anyone but those who registered!  Why do that if they were sincere in keeping the new forums open for the many that were still deciding.  Doesn't sound very positive and fair!  Makes it sound like something to hide! Thus potentially causing a rift  that may never heal!  Makes no sense at all!!  The goal of getting QVC to keep the forums was accomplished!  The new forums were supposedly just in case.  

Respected Contributor

@Pook 

The Pro Boards site is still open for new members.  The only change is that you must register and sign in to read and post there.  All are still welcome.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was kind of suspicious about closing the forums when QVC gave a month's notice.  Why would they do that?  If it were serious about shutting it down, maybe a week's notice would be enough.  IMO, it's having problems with its Facebook site and will keep these forums open until it's fixed.  Wouldn't count on these forums lasting for any great length of time.