Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Would You Think if This House Was on Your Street?

@ID2 wrote:

If I were the OP and only a renter I would just mind my own business.

"Only a renter"?  Renters are just as entitled to live in decent surroundings as anyone else.

It IS her business!

Honored Contributor

Being more open-minded:

1.  there could have been a family or personal emergency, on one or both or the owners' parts.

2.  at least it's safety and shelter from the weather for animals (including lost pets) that desperately need it.

I don't find it 'creepy', as you said, at all.

To quote John Lennon:  

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans."

Something to ALWAYS keep in mind.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

Being more open-minded:

1.  there could have been a family or personal emergency, on one or both or the owners' parts.

2.  at least it's safety and shelter from the weather for animals (including lost pets) that desperately need it.

I don't find it 'creepy', as you said, at all.

To quote John Lennon:  

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans."

Something to ALWAYS keep in mind.

I don't think it has anything to do with being open-minded.  The potential for danger is very much there.  Animals and children could wander in and be hurt, and there are lots of other things that could happen.  An abandoned, open building can be the source of many problems, some simply annoying but many truly dangerous.

If this house was in my neighborhood, I don't think I would care very much about what happened.  That part of it is not my business.  But I certainly would be reporting it since it's an extremely hazardous situation.

Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

There was a story in our newspaper last year about a forclosed home in a very upscale neighborhood that got turned into a METH lab.

any place can turn into a meth lab.....abandoned, rented or owned......a car can be turned into a meth lab............................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

@raven-blackbird wrote:

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

There was a story in our newspaper last year about a forclosed home in a very upscale neighborhood that got turned into a METH lab.

any place can turn into a meth lab.....abandoned, rented or owned......a car can be turned into a meth lab............................................raven

i.e.: the RV in television's "Breaking Bad".

Esteemed Contributor

It is also possible that the local building inspectors shut them down.  If the local authorities discover that work is being done that is causing safety issues or that the proper permits were not obtained they can be served with a cease and desist order and the renovation shut down.

Honored Contributor

@raven-blackbird wrote:

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Shoekitty said

For anyone's information, there is a way to tell if meth has been cooking in a home.  The windows will have a rainbow of colors on them, mainly blue.  Sort of like opalecence.  The UPS man told me that.  I guess they are given classes  on many things, and told to report certain things.