Honored Contributor

I haven't posted on FB in months.  However, when I did I have been friends with most of the 'kids' I went to high school with.  They are mostly around the East Coast area and a surprising amount of them meet during the month.

Anyway, a guy I had a crush on in high school and was very vocal politically kept posting on my FB page.  It was the opposite of the way I felt.  However, I don't post much on FB politically (I used to do a little, not much)  Even my little sister posted a few things on my FB page....that made me angry!

So, I unfriended him and ignorned my sister's posts.  She got the message and the guy friend got a message from a friend of both of us I wasn't happy with him...he got the message.

I don't push my ideas on other's.  I do 'hang out' with some people who think like me just because....well...we see each other often.

My mother used to say you should never discuss sex, politics or religion with others.  It's not like you'd change their mind (politically) and if you discuss sex you're bringing them into your bedroom and that's called three way......Ha!  

My mother was a wise woman!  Oh!  And she was married 6 times (to the same 3 men).

Respected Contributor

The easiest fix is to - as another poster advised - unfollow her posts.  Then you won't see them, although you will still be friends.  As noted, you can simply check her page if you want to see other posts.

What she could do - if she's willing - is to limit her political posts to a certain category of friends.  You always have a choice as to whether your posts and shared posts are public, to all friends only, or to a category of friends you can designate.  Whenever you post, you can make this choice.

You could explain that to her, but if you think it won't work, just make it easy for yourself and unfollow.  This really doesn't have to be a big deal at all.

Respected Contributor

@Apple Crisp wrote:

She may not be posting these things to you. When you friend someone, you see what others have posted on their page. You can go to the top of the offensive post where the three dots are, and click on the option ro see no more posts from that political entity.

Good point.  You could do this instead of completely "unfollowing" her.  

Respected Contributor

Thank you all for your helpful responses.  Since I've only been on FB for a short time, I don't know all the 'ins and outs' but I am learning.  

I know she's never been a mean spirited person, so your suggestions to 'unfollow' her seems the way to go, at least for now.  I will give it a go and see how it all works out. 

Thank you all again... I do appreciate the time you took to respond to my question.   

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

You could unfriend her . I had to do that to a lady who was so nice for many years and then all of sudden she turned into a hard wing believer in a political person. She was posting so much garbage, I asked her to stop but she posted even more junk. I just unfriendly her. Quieter for me.