Respected Contributor

@skatting44 🍒🇺🇸🙏

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

Re: What Will You Bring???

[ Edited ]

A spinach salad that can be dressed at the last minute (or individually) with a vinagrette dressing.

I'm not much "fun" at cookouts. I don't like/won't eat cold pasta, cold potatoes, melon of any kind, cool-whip, or anything with mayo or yellow mustard. People get all offeneded, no matter how politely you decline dishes containing those things. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

Pickled beets and eggs. This is an old family favorite, but there are so many folks who've never heard of it. You just put all the ingredients together in a big jar the night before and leave it in the fridge overnight. The next morning you've got the prettiest magenta eggs in a nice sweet and sour brine. I buy hard boiled eggs and canned sliced beets (plain, not pickled) at the supermarket. The hardest part is slicing the onions. Easy peasy! 

Trusted Contributor

Hawaiian Macaroni Salad Smiley Happy

Hawaiian macaroni salad in a yellow bowl with a serving spoon

Valued Contributor
🇺🇸 DH and I will enjoy the day together, giving Thanks for all who gave the ultimate sacrifice 🙏 and of course grateful for all who are serving 🇺🇸
And served 🇺🇸🙏🇺🇸
Esteemed Contributor

@northiie57  

I am curious as  what are the ingredients for your Hawaiian macaroni salad

Respected Contributor

@northiie57 wrote:

Hawaiian Macaroni Salad Smiley Happy

Hawaiian macaroni salad in a yellow bowl with a serving spoon

@northiie57   Interesting...I checked the ingredients for this online and it is the same as what we call Amish Macaroni Salad in Maryland.

It is good!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

A spinach salad that can be dressed at the last minute (or individually) with a vinagrette dressing.

I'm not much "fun" at cookouts. I don't like/won't eat cold pasta, cold potatoes, melon of any kind, cool-whip, or anything with mayo or yellow mustard. People get all offeneded, no matter how politely you decline dishes containing those things. 

@FrostyBabe1 

This reminds me of the infamous threads about whether or not you would eat a dish someone brought to you, unsolicited.  Many were surprised by the number of people who said they wouldn't eat it, but just toss in the garbage.  A few were rather angry, but, hey, no one can force you to eat various dishes.

I'm very leery about eating other's food, especially on hot days.  You have to be very careful of "hidden" ingredients (in case of allergies) and the person's general kitchen cleanliness.  I gravitate to the purchased items ... from the deli or bakery.    At least with those, you have the Dept of Health on your side.  

What I find annoying are the ones who INSIST you try their wonderful masterpiece and want you to taste it while they watch you.  Ugh.

Honored Contributor

Brownies, frosted.

Honored Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

For the last two days, every time I read something you post, I end up singing your tag line.  This has gone on long enough!!!  LOL     It's like boom she got me again.