Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Were Your Favorite Dance Songs from the Late 70s/Early 80s?

I swear that gif is in perfect tempo with Conga, which is blaring from my computer LOL!!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Springsteen "Born to Run"

Blondie "Sunday Girl"

My favorite?  Elvis Costello, "The Angels Want to Wear My Red Shoes"

Valued Contributor

80s on 8 and 70s on 7 are the first 2 stations programmed in my car satellite radio.  At first my kids would complain, but now they love it!

They've even downloaded music on their iPods, and have supposedly I'm the "cool" mom...😉

Respected Contributor

@Adelina wrote:

This reminds me of a Conan O'Brien show where he sang the high notes on "I Like the Nightlife". I couldn't find a youtube video on this. Does anyone know what I talking about?

?  I Love The Nightlife - Alicia Bridges ?

Respected Contributor

listened to mostly rock but loved Prince and Morris Day. 

Valued Contributor

And 80s "Hair Bands" ... I had on Tesla, Dokken, and my great love...Bon Jovi ❤️

Esteemed Contributor

I have to agree with some others when they say Billie Jean. Best dance song ever. But I also like Don't Leave Me This WAy by Thelma Houston, Crazy Little Thing Called Love and Killer Queen by Queen, Last Dance by Donna Summer. From the 90's, Move This by Technotronic and Everybody Dance Now by C & C Music Company. Te 80's was a fabulous decade of music: Dance music, hard rock, rap, r & b....it had a little of everything.  And best of all....it had MTV. Not the garbage that is on the three music networks now, but 24 hour music vids and music news. I miss my MTV SOOOOOOOO much!

Respected Contributor

You ladies are really young!  I've never heard of most of these 80's songs I must have been too busy taking care of toddlers.

Respected Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

Thriller, Billie Jean, Rock With You, Beat It-Michael Jackson

I like Relax too

I was more a rocker than a Disco Queen, so I really preferred:

Thunderstruck, Back in Black   AC/DC

The big hair arena rock bands--Bon Jovi, Motely Crue, Guns n Roses, Def Leppard, Aerosmith

I still love the 80's hair bands, Poison, and GNR were my favorites!

Valued Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

I have to agree with some others when they say Billie Jean. Best dance song ever. But I also like Don't Leave Me This WAy by Thelma Houston, Crazy Little Thing Called Love and Killer Queen by Queen, Last Dance by Donna Summer. From the 90's, Move This by Technotronic and Everybody Dance Now by C & C Music Company. Te 80's was a fabulous decade of music: Dance music, hard rock, rap, r & b....it had a little of everything.  And best of all....it had MTV. Not the garbage that is on the three music networks now, but 24 hour music vids and music news. I miss my MTV SOOOOOOOO much!

I know what you mean about MTV!

I tried to explain to them about Nina Blackwood, since she's on 80s on 8 on satellite radio a lot, and the original concept of MTV.

I even went to YouTube and had them watch the first video... "Video killed the radio star" since I remember the premiere and watching it live! I tried to explain Headbangers Ball on Friday Nights, but the idea of 24 hours of music videos seemed very odd to them!