Respected Contributor

Re: What Were Your Favorite Childhood Toys?

Jacks Game House of Marbles Classic Dexterity Traditional Game

Honored Contributor

Breyer horse models. I was horse crazy as a girl. Had a whole stable of them with stalls made of popsicle sticks.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Does anyone remember Skiddle Kiddles and Flatsies ( they're flat and that's that)?

Honored Contributor

also remember that i used to LOVE collecting WACKY PACKS or WACKY PACKAGES.....they were sticker cards that you could collect and trade. i wanted a package every time i was in a grocery store or convenience store.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Does anyone remember Skiddle Kiddles and Flatsies ( there flat and that's that)?

@Jordan2 , boy, those are a blast from the past.  Now that you mention them I remember both.  I had the basic Liddle Kiddles.  Remember Flatsies but never had one.

Esteemed Contributor

I had paper dolls.  At about 10, I had saved enough money to buy a 2nd had bike.  It was blue and I loved it.

Respected Contributor

My favorite doll was a Bride's doll named Roberta. Her name was on the box.  She was a Cbristmas present. Her hair was in a top knot and she had pear shaped pearl earrings. My Mother made clothes for her. I still have her. I was taught to take care of my toys. I hated to see dolls ruined and half bald.

I loved my  toy dishes to play house with.  I was alone until age 4 when we moved into town. My Dad used to sit on a small chair  after work  to be with me and smoke a cigarette  while I played and served him  pretend supper. My Mother let me play with her  toy China dishes occasionally.

I had a  little washing machine  I loved that you could put water in it and agitated ,but it took four D batteries which we didn't have on hand very often. I had a bassinet that you could put water in and bathe your Tiny Tears another favorite. It had a tube with a clamp to drain it.That was fun also.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

dawn dolls.....anyone remember those?

board games.....monopoly, sorry, chutes and ladders, scrabble, mystery date, parcheesi, clue.

nancy drew books

etch a sketch

lite brite

barrel full of monkeys

@sunshine45  Still have my Dawn Dolls. Here are most of them. They are 

a bit beaten but were a blast to play with. Had tons of different outfits too.

20201104_105139.jpg20201104_105131.jpg

Honored Contributor

My bicycle. and a shirley temple large doll, jacks.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

dawn dolls.....anyone remember those?

board games.....monopoly, sorry, chutes and ladders, scrabble, mystery date, parcheesi, clue.

nancy drew books

etch a sketch

lite brite

barrel full of monkeys

@sunshine45  Still have my Dawn Dolls. Here are most of them. They are 

a bit beaten but were a blast to play with. Had tons of different outfits too.

20201104_105139.jpg20201104_105131.jpg

i love those pics @threecees !

never had barbies.....only had dawn dolls.

one christmas my great grandmother gave me the "fashion show stage" where you could attach the dawn dolls and have your own fashion show. it is one of my most favorite and memorable christmas gifts ever.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein