Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Were Your Favorite Childhood Toys?

My Ginny Dolls.............my mom had even made some outfits for them.!!!

Honored Contributor

Barbies

baby dolls

easybake oven

Barbie head that you put make-up on

light bright

jacks

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was a doll girl...loved bathing, dressing and mothering them.  Then I would place my 'older' dolls around me and play teacher!!  And outside toys were bike and skates!!  Also loved playing jacks on the tile hallway - that ball would bounce!!  I read all the series - Honey Bunch, Bobbsey Twins, Nancy Drew....

Valued Contributor

I always wanted a microscope! Thought it would be so neat.Never got one though.
Had my skates, Barbies, bike ( my fave).
Esteemed Contributor

The ones that immediately pop to mind are my stuffed animals, Chatty Cathy and Creepy Crawlers.  We played outside a lot...we spent hours playing kick the can.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I loved my Sparkle Plenty doll; actually wore one out ( sniffing it ); this was a ****** Tracey doll that had long blonde yellow wool hair and a petroleum based body that felt like skin ( a I've never seen one that survived in good shape, even on EBay.  I also loved my child's Singer sewing machine, my box camera, my real hatchet, and collection of Grimms Fairy Tales.

Esteemed Contributor

I have very fond memories of my Knitting Jenny, and Easy Bake Oven. I felt like such a big girl, while "cooking" for my sister.😊

As a teenager, it was a Polaroid instant camera. I was so excited, and took fun, blackmail pics of some of my friends. Needless to say, I was not always popular in our Girl Scout troop.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

A very cute stuffed dog, mounted on wheels, with a little handle that came out, or steering device, so that you could wheel him around.  Named "Dukie".   I almost wore off his fur, loved him so much....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Stuffed Animals (especially a rabbit named "Bunny Booms")

Steiff Cat Dossy 7" Black & White Standing Kitty Plush Stuffed Germany  2738/16 | #1849461225

Barbie

twist n turn barbie | Tumblr

Board Games (Monopoly, Parchesi, Clue, Sorry, Candy Land, )

Check Out Our Classic Board Games | Andover Public Library

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

I was a doll girl...loved bathing, dressing and mothering them.  Then I would place my 'older' dolls around me and play teacher!!  And outside toys were bike and skates!!  Also loved playing jacks on the tile hallway - that ball would bounce!!  I read all the series - Honey Bunch, Bobbsey Twins, Nancy Drew....

@corita   Oh yes the Bobbsey Twins series of books... we had them all! What adventures they would have!  It sure was fun wnen we were kids wasn't it? The metal skates with the keys... did you play badmittion?