Honored Contributor

Re: What Were Your Favorite Childhood Toys?

View-Master

Paper dolls

Esteemed Contributor

I was a doll girl all the way. From Barbie & Ken to baby dolls I had them all. I also had a collection of beautiful dolls from all over the world.My uncle was an importer & traveled the world. Several times a year he would surprise me with a new one.

Then there were those dolls that my grandma made me. They were simple but adorable.They had buttons & rhinestones for eyes & nose.They were stuffed & very cuddly.

I still have a few of the dolls that my uncle & grandma gave me.I was hoping to pass them on to my daughter.But I had a son.So maybe I'll have a granddaughter in a few years🤷‍♀️.

Esteemed Contributor

Barbies!  I also had the camper, car, house, pool, etc.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Board games (Monopoly, Life, Trouble, Connect Four, Clue)...really enjoyed those.

Dolls 

Esteemed Contributor

My sister and I would always play with our Barbie dolls, sometimes for hours and our mom would actually come to check and make sure we were still in the house!    We would get so into it!   I also had a  "Chrissy" doll, she was the one with the ponytail that you could make  longer or shorter!  I always liked brushing her hair and putting in little ribbons, LOL.    Fond memories, of course I loved to ride my bike with the banana seat and flowered basket too!

Honored Contributor

I was a doll girl all the way and had the whole layette accessories for all my newborn's I received each Christmas.  But Christmas of 1968 I wanted a little more excitement so Santa brought me the below.

baby go bye bye doll with car

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

My sister and I would always play with our Barbie dolls, sometimes for hours and our mom would actually come to check and make sure we were still in the house!    We would get so into it!   I also had a  "Chrissy" doll, she was the one with the ponytail that you could make  longer or shorter!  I always liked brushing her hair and putting in little ribbons, LOL.    Fond memories, of course I loved to ride my bike with the banana seat and flowered basket too!

@LindaSal I still have my Chrissy doll she is in pristine condition ( I took very good care of my toys). I'd sell her in a hot minute if I thought I could get substantial money for her ( she's still in the box)!

Respected Contributor

Oh, thanks for jarring the memory.  It would be the gorgeous stick-horse my mom crafted for me as a small child. I put many miles on that stick-horse.  It would tide me over, until I could have the real thing.  

Honored Contributor

I was very much into my dolls... chatty Cathy,Thumbelina,  and every doll that was popular... Barbie dolls.. Barbie houses and Barbie cars...everything Barbie.Oh and paper dolls were also huge....I also played a lot of games... and did a lot of puzzles....

Toys were very important as TV was only a few channels... and there was no internet... it was all imagination back in the 1960's.

Honored Contributor

Does anyone remember Sparkle Plenty?