Respected Contributor

Re: What Were Your Favorite Childhood Toys?

[ Edited ]

Two Cabbage Patch Dolls.  Still have them!

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Free2be wrote:

Jacks Game House of Marbles Classic Dexterity Traditional Game

Yessss!!!  I could sit for hours and play with these.

I wasnt good at many sports, but I could whip everyone at Jacks

Honored Contributor

Barbie. I always liked board games- still do. Etch a Sketch. A blackboard- I think I was in 2nd or 3rd grade when my parents gave me one for my birthday or Christmas. I knew I wanted to teach back then. I would gather my stuffed animals and "teach" them.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I loved my baby dolls.  I never really got into Barbie, but I loved my babies, which I find kind of funny because by the time I reached 30 I realized I don't want real babies; my puppies are all I need.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

Our childhood toys were similar.  I also loved  the tiny cottage that was my playhouse. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Oh...I forgot "Slinky"...I was mesmerized by that thing!

Respected Contributor

dolls--all kinds. I had one of the first Barbie dolls with the striped bathing suit. I had some older dolls that a friend gave me when she 'out grew' them. They would be collecters items now probably. One said mama when turned ,. One was a Ginny doll I believe , it just looked like a little girl --unlike Barbie. They were beautiful--not a plastic.

I loved to dress up my cats also. Most were cooperative , but some would run away when they saw me coming !

I also loved a dump truck and building blocks.

Trusted Contributor

@spiderw : I still have my Ginny doll, and her predecessor, Ginger. Ginny has a vinyl head and rooted hair while Ginger had a composite head and a glued-on wig. I also still have my Revlon doll, Mary Hartline, DyDee baby and several other no-name dolls. I also have my daughter's & granddaughter's Barbies. I loved all my dolls. 

Honored Contributor

bRe: What Were Your Favorite Childhood Toys?

buffalogal47

Thanks for your response, sounds like we have a common love, dolls!

I too have a Revlong doll, and A DyDee doll which is sitting in a guest room.  I think I received it in the early fifties!!!!  The ears are worn but that doll means so much to me.  I have a Toni doll and aside from Ginny a Jill doll which was made by Vogue and a sister to Ginny, I think.  Clothes were made for both dolls.

It is nice you have your daughter and granddaughter's Barbies, if you enjoy them than you should have them!!!  I wasn't into Barbies but have some I collected over the years.

Enjoy your collection and thanks for sharing your doll story.

Super Contributor