Super Contributor

Re: What Were Your Favorite Childhood Toys?

All I wanted or stuffed animals. I had a zoo of a collection including: a giant snake; monkeys; dog; cats; polar bears etc. I was very young I had a white kitty cat stuffed animal. I tried to feed a grape jam. This resulted in me giving it a bath and then throwing it into the dryer. Not a good move!
New Contributor

Definitely my Say it Play it! My first tape recorder circa 1968.

Honored Contributor

Two dolls stand out in my mind. One from the "50's named "Tina".  She was a walking doll. The other was a Shirley Temple doll.  I sold her to a neighbor who collected dolls for $100.00 many years ago. I loved paper dolls, too. I had a little brown dog I slept with. Jacks, Tiddley Winks, and jump rope were lots of fun, too! I also loved to color and do paint by number oil painting.

Honored Contributor

Barbies, Trixie Belden Books, Bike, and Roller Skates!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819   My favorites were baby dolls, roller skating, riding my bike, and most of all stuffed animals.  My birthday is a few days before Christmas and I was allowed one present, I always chose a stuffed animal. 

I also loved coloring, paper dolls, hula hoop, Jacks, and puzzles.  I didn't have a lot, so I took very good care of all of my toys, and still have some to this day.

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Free2be wrote:

Jacks Game House of Marbles Classic Dexterity Traditional Game

Yessss!!!  I could sit for hours and play with these.

I wasnt good at many sports, but I could whip everyone at Jacks

@shoekitty   I was playing jacks by myself one day, and when I reached for one, I saw something that scared me, thus was the beginning of my womanhood, lol.

Honored Contributor

I could play with my barbie for hours.  Loved changing her outfits.Smiley Happy