Esteemed Contributor

Re: What We Can all do now re: Covid19

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Puppy Lips  Our government waited 6 weeks to act from the time they got the information.That's why we're behind in testing.But at this point we have to look forward not backward.

Vast cuts were made to areas of our health and human services and CDC structure that would have been involved from the beginning of alerts regarding what was happening in China. Also people with experience in public health and epidemiology were let go.

Esteemed Contributor

@RainCityWoman  On the 11:00 news last night, they showed a woman making her own hand sanitizer with vodka and aloe vera......must have been a slow night for news. Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@RainCityWoman  On the 11:00 news last night, they showed a woman making her own hand sanitizer with vodka and aloe vera......must have been a slow night for news. Woman Wink

On some other thread I did jokingly say it would be a good way for us to use up the gallons and gallons of vodka my husband had been gifted with over the years while he was working BUTthe alcohol content isn't enough and won't work.

Esteemed Contributor

Now we have to be careful and not answer the door to people saying they are from the CDC and need to instruct you on disease controll and what to do during this crisis..............

Then they rob you!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma so sad when people prey on the fears of others. I guess if an illegal buck can be made, someone will do it.

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

The Coronavirus is like a runaway train. We got a late start & now it's out of control.All the testing raises the count but lowers the death rate. It's of vital importance that we keep testing so that we get an accurate count.

By having an accurate count we will have a better understanding of where the virus has taken hold.Then we can focus on those areas.We must continue to quarantine & self isolate to control the spread.Most people will be fine.

It's nerve racking & upsetting but I think with a little diligence & less hysteria we can conquer this monster.

My poor husband is freaking out.I'm trying to keep the calm. It isn't easy.

"There but for the grace of God go I".

In what way did we get a late start?

@Puppy Lips @NicksmomESQ 

We got a late start in we are just now starting to do something about this. Our government knew about this end Dec/beginning Jan & did absolutely nothing??? Still dragging their feet down playing this.

Trusted Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

I'm in Washington state. Now the retirement home up the street from me has a positive test for one of their residents, and a high school nearby as well. I am trying not to over react, but at the same time, I am very anxious. I have asthma and diabetes, which puts me at risk. I also have a delicate respiratory system.  Nevertheless, I am not locking myself in my house. I played pinochle two weeks in a row at a Town Center mall, but we brought Lysol and sanitizer. Very few people were there, certainly not the usual Mahjong and bridge players, and the food courts had very few people as well. It WOULD be nice if I could get some hand sanitizer as I am completely out, but that's not going to happen. Governor Cuoma in NY has his prisoners making the stuff. Perhaps they should do that elsewhere as well. 

My thoughts and prayers and with you, and all of those who are at high-risk and who are in an area where the virus is present.

I also have Asthma and a whole slew of other chronic health conditions, too.

I am concerned if I were to be exposed to this virus.

I am fighting bronchitis for the fourth time in over a year, and the second time since last month. 

I'll be going to see our doctor's NP next week for a follow-up, to see what can be done about my routtine Asthma care. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz  @RainCityWoman  Yes, I know.We are usually leaders when something like this happens.The slow start hurt us.Hopefully, we can catch up.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Nightowlz  @RainCityWoman  Yes, I know.We are usually leaders when something like this happens.The slow start hurt us.Hopefully, we can catch up.

@NicksmomESQ 

Yes that is what China said. They cannot believe how this is being dealt with? They were laughing at us. They did the blame game why did we not stop it. It started in China why did they not stop it? Instead they arrested the doctor that tried to warn them.

Honored Contributor

Borders were closed in December/January and our officials offered to send scientist and other aid to china months ago...I don't think we got a late start.