Honored Contributor

Re: What Was Halloween Like in Your Neck of the Woods?

We rarely get them as we are on the outskirts of town so none. We took a ride in the afternoon and saw kids and families out in the more populated areas. No big crowds. I saw on our FB families planned to go out around three and be done early. Town also had a small thing in the small park in town for the kids. No crazy Halloween stuff at all that we saw. 

Trusted Contributor

A madhouse. We didn't engaged and STILL had people ringing our doorbell/knocking though no lights were on out front or inside the front of our house. You could hear the groups outside. Son driving home from work told us he had never seen so many people out for Halloween, not even when he was doing it. (he's 20).

I know of 11 parties that took place INSIDE as well because we were invited to a some but most were for our HS kids. Pool parties, inside the house parties,....yeah. Smiley Sad

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Respected Contributor

We live in a development with lots of families.  I made goody bags and placed them on a bench that was on our front sidewalk.  We sat on the porch.  We had about 80 of the 100 bags taken.  Everyone was masked and socially distant.  It was a nice night for thew children.

m1CB5bQWRiqnInq0JIgUQQ.jpg

Respected Contributor

No one on the streets here.  I had my porch light off, so I wasn't planning on participating.

Honored Contributor

I heard a lot of commotion out there.........sounded like teens/young adults' voices.

I blocked off my walkway, and kept my lights off.

Well, I'm glad they were having a bit of fun at this health-wise time in history.

I'd love to see their costumes and probably very  interesting masks................

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I decided not to give out candy this year.  I never get a lot of trick or treaters partly because the street is very dark (big trees and no street lights).  Almost every house on the street had extensive Halloween decorations in the yard.  I did not hear any kids.  

Super Contributor

I haven't passed out candy in several years because there are no kids in the neighborhood.  This year the doorbell rang once about 6:30, even though the house was dark.  I didn't answer because I did not buy treats.   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am in an isolated cul de sac in the city. in fact, some people don't even know it's even there off the main road. There never have been many trick or treaters, but after a handful of kids I knew grew up, there have been NO trick or treaters at all. Last night was no exception. In fact, I forgot it was Halloween at all.

Esteemed Contributor

We live in a condominium in NJ and are amidst the second surge......we cancelled our annual pet parade, children's parade and Halloween party.  Children can only go to apartments where residents sign up to receive T or Ters and that was cancelled.  We did give goodie bags to children if parent's signed up with contactless delivery.   Only three families signed up.  We take Covid19 very seriously here.....

I didn't see any children in costume in the lobby and one adult....there seemed to be little interest in Halloween this year.   It was just another day. 

Esteemed Contributor

Nobody came, although I had bought a little bit of candy. I posted that today, November 1, I opened a bottle of sparkling wine and had some Snickers bars as accompaniment.