Respected Contributor

Re: What Was Halloween Like in Your Neck of the Woods?

@wagirl wrote:

Nobody showed up as usual--we live on a dark scary road--across from spooky woods, no street lights or sidewalks---

LOL! We must be neighbors and not know it.

Respected Contributor

Nice and quiet, watched a Hallmark Christmas movieWoman Very Happy We dont get any trick or treaters in our complex. I wouldnt have given candy out anyway this year.Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

First of all, it was freezing out!  Maybe in the 50's after dark.

We went for a bike ride at sunset and saw a few trick or treaters a couple of streets over. 

So we headed back home and put out a little wicker table at the base of our front steps.  I had put out black and orange platters with candy and a few battery operated candles so it was illuminated.

We saw lots of people sitting in their driveways or on their porches just chatting while the bowls were set out far away from them for the kids to take.

There were probably more houses ready for trick or treaters than there were actual trick or treaters.

We went back out for a bike ride and when we got back, hardly any candy had been taken.

So I'm putting the table out front every night ( if it doesn't rain) so my neighbors can help themselves when they're walking their dogs.

Respected Contributor

I had no candy so I went to bed early. When I woke up, I'd gotten an extra hour, without even asking. Amazing. I hope everybody else was as lucky. Cat Wink

Honored Contributor

I didn't get even one Trick or Treater, I didn't see any children on the street. I'm glad I didn't buy that much candy, I really don't want to eat it all. I asked my sister if she had any Trick or Treaters ( where she lives she gets a lot of kids), she said she got two kids, her husband called them over and gave them three goodie bags each! 

Esteemed Contributor

On my block we had maybe just a few less than last year. Most everyone set up tables in their driveways with candy displayed there. We sat near the tables to admire the costumes and observe social distancing. All the kids said Trick or Treat and Thank You.

Our community had T or T hours from 5-7 p.m. About half the families on my block, including me, gave out candy. I would not deny the kids their Halloween by not giving out candy. One small-ish bag had leftovers, some of which I took care of. Smiley Happy In most cases at least one parent chaperoned the kids and several dogs came along for the fun. It was a cold evening! I was glad to go inside at 6:50 when no kids were seen.

Honored Contributor

Nonexistent.

Respected Contributor

I put a bowl of candy on my front step next to my jack-o-lantern that was wearing a mask.  It was empty by 7:15 so I brought in the bowl, blew out the jack-o-lantern and turned off the porch light.

Super Contributor

South Jersey, I put a table out at 4 o'clock, per township time and set candy bars on it 10 at a time.  Only saw about 6 kids.  All neighborhoods I have lived in the trick or treaters vary yearly.🎃🤷🏻‍♀️

Trusted Contributor

We have one family on the block with a child, and some grandchildren that come to see their grandparents.  I took treat bags to those houses, then turned off the lights.  My next door neighbor said that they had 50-60 kids...nearly all without masks.  Even though the neighbors are in their 70s, they don't think much of Covid.

I'm glad that we did what we thought was best for us.