Honored Contributor

Re: What Was Halloween Like in Your Neck of the Woods?

Not one, not a peep.  We have a large townhome and garden apartment development.  Our management office is a very large home-like building, where every year they throw a big Halloween party for the kids, with a separate pet costume party/contest.  It's always very well received and even gets on Facebook and our development website.  

This year, nothing.  We were alerted earlier via our community web portal, and individual emails that went out to everyone.  It was left up to individuals to decide if they wanted to go home to home, while still social distancing.  I walked my dog throughout the development (it's about a 30-minute walk), but only saw a few costumed dogs out. 

Lots of Halloween decorated homes and garden patios, just no people. 

Respected Contributor

I had about 20 - 25 kids.  Younger ones earlier and teens till abou 9 p.m.  Not as many neighbors giving out candy.  Not as many kids as in past years.

Respected Contributor

It was eerily quiet in my hood.  Zero traffic, with no children observed trick-or-treating.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We live in a rural neighborhood of 50 houses.  We  didn't turn our light on this year but told some of our closet neighbors (whose children/grandchildren) we know  to tell their children/grandchildren to come to the door even if the light was out....so those were the only trick or treaters we had.  We saw very few out in the street. Usually there are a lot because we have kids from a nearby town and also a nearby city. That is  because parents know it is a safe neighborhood here.  We just didn't think it wise to have that many.

I feel bad for the kids.  Halloween was something my brother, sister, and I looked so forward to every year. We all ran to the house a block away for our first stop before she ran out of her popcorn balls!!!!  

Honored Contributor

I didn't participate this year for the first time ever.  I went outside for just a minute to be nosy around 7 o' clock and apparently none of my neighbors did either.

No porch lights were on and no kids in sight.  Our municipal building did have something for the kids if they didn't want to go door to door.  

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 283917.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JuJu in NC wrote:

We had alot and they were happy .  It was nice to see!

We live in the country & never have any.  We were out yesterday evening & rode through a little town in NC.  It was wonderful!  There were kids & families everywhere.  It was 9pm.  Houses were decorated and lit up and some had socially distant games for the kids.  One family had a duo on their porch singing with guitars and were entertaining people.  It made me so happy to see!

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

Very few homes in our area, and the majority of them, have no small children any longer living with them. Just as past years, non-existent.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Apparently, masks and social distancing do not exist where I live. Kids were everywhere and when we did not answer the bell, they pounded on the front door. First time ever we did not participate but it felt strange and isolating doing what we thought was just common sense. Sigh....

Super Contributor

We had one group of younger children out with parents after dark. Placed the candy in a bowl on the front patio table as planned. Glad not to disappoint the youngsters.