Honored Contributor

What Was Halloween Like in Your Neck of the Woods?

As planned we didn't give out candy.  We drove the area about 7:30 and hardly any people were out--certainly not the masses we usually get. 

Maybe one out of 8 to 10 houses were giving treats, and many who were, were sitting out alone with no takers.  The few people out seemed to be walking around their own blocks as few card were around.

A couple of popular streets had moderate crowds and cars parked, but it wasn't the rule as usual.

We noticed many groups were far more adults than kids!  Not many teens hanging out, but might have been too early for them.

Respected Contributor

Re: What Was Halloween Like in Your Neck of the Woods?

We put out a bowl candy.  I assumed we would not have many kids because our area is having a rapid rise in COVID but we ended up with at least 25 kids. 

I was surprised and happy to see them.

Contributor

We had alot and they were happy .  It was nice to see!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I turned off the outside lights and put up caution yellow tape that said wet paint  to stop access to my front door. So it was a nice quiet night for me.  

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner I usually get about 600 trick or treaters. This year, I gave out a little over 200 (pre-made, socially distant delivery) bags of candy. I had the candy bags placed at the bottom of my stairs/by the front sidewalk along with a bottle of hand sanitizer. I sat on my porch and was able to talk to (more like yell as I was pretty far away) the kids and the parents.  Neighbors who participated did the same or had rigged candy shutes. The families who were out did a great job of keeping their distance from others and everyone that I saw had on a mask. 

Trusted Contributor

Not a lot of kids here either. The ones I saw had no masks on, just like their parents.

I didn't participate. Not worth the risk. 

here in NY,  already, there are kids and teachers infected with covid. It's hard to stay safe when not everyone is careful.

Honored Contributor

None here one of the other courts in the development had an outdoor display from 4-6 which attracted all the kids 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I'm in a condo complex with no kids (not cuz it's a rule, just more of an adult, single family, couples kind of place because that's what the units seem to attract)...we've never gotten any kids trick or treating. Also our complex is off a country road, no sidewalks, not a "neighborhood" type area...so it's just never been a big trick or treat area. 

That said...the little ones in our family...they had an outside daytime party, adults and kids dressed up, got goodies to eat and of course candy! I think similar town things happened like that, outdoors. I'm in New England...luckily it was a beautiful, sunny day, in a week of rain...

Esteemed Contributor

I put a huge bowl of candy on the porch along with a lantern. I stayed inside and watched a movie with my cats. Two hours later, the candy was almost gone. I enjoyed this Halloween - like this.

Honored Contributor

Nobody showed up as usual--we live on a dark scary road--across from spooky woods, no street lights or sidewalks---