Respected Contributor

Re: What Type And Brand Refrigerator Do You Have

Right now I have a Samsung and it is ok, it has worked now for 5 years except the ice maker went 2 years ago. The repair people told me to buy Whirlpool because it is American made and the parts are available. So as my Samsung washer and dryer died, I replaced them with Whirlpool and have been happy. My Whirlpool dishwasher is 7 years old and I never had a problem. When my fridge goes, most likely I am going to get a whirlpool. It is difficult to get anyone to fix samsung or Lg around here so I am not going there. I had an LG for a few years and it died to. 

Contributor

I have a Samsung French door with freezer on bottom 32 cubic ft with ice and water in door and and have had to have service every three months as both (top and bottom) stop working on a regular basis, thankfully I purchased extended warranty for 3 years which just ended.  I updated my kitchen and replaced all appliances with Kitchen Aid as well as another fridge and moved the Samsung to my garage.  I will never purchase Samsung again and in arguments with Samsung and the warranty company still, of course they argue with one another which leaves to pursue legal action or just say it is not worth it.  Good luck on your purchase.

Honored Contributor

I have a Kenmore Elite French door refrigerator, about 6 years old.  I love it and hoped I'd get to keep it when the ice maker/water dispenser developed  a leak about six months ago.  It cost about $250 to get that fixed, and the repairman said it was due to our hard water..not a defect on the part of the manufacturer.  

Respected Contributor

We are behind the times and finally got our first water and ice dispensing refrigerator about 7 years ago.  Maytag Ice 20.  Sounds like it would be good for ice lol.  Ice making stinks but it freezes the food in the refrigerator.  Repair man has been here so many times that we've given up.  Thank goodness we kept our 25 year old Kenmore in the basement.

Esteemed Contributor

Just a reminder to use one of those long narrow brushes (I bought mine on QVC many years ago) to clean under the refrigerator - and washing machine/dryer. A year ago, my neighbor's refrigerator broke down - she called the repairman - and lots of fuzzies were undernearth her refrigerator. My Whirlpool Designer Style refrigerator is very basic and is 18 years old and I never had a problem with it.

Honored Contributor

I have a newer Samsung 4-door french door frig. I've had every style frig in my many years of marriage and this, by far, the the best! Plenty of room at my fingertips! Love!

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

After 16 years of owning a white side by side Whirlpool frig, which died 2 weeks before my kitchen gut/remodel was finished (timing!!!!),  and years prior of being a side by side lover ....   I bought a counter depth stainless LG.   I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT.  I was so skeptical that the counter depth would give me a lot less room.  WRONG.  Now I can see everything,  nothing gets shoved and lost in the back, and it seems to have the same amount of room.   I got the double door top and the pull out freezer on the bottom.  Again, was not sure I would like it, since I loved the side by side shelving in the freezer, which made everything so neat.  WRONG AGAIN...   Love everything about this frig/freezer.  I have the icemaker and water in the door as well.  HIGHLY RECOMMEND this one.   Good luck.

Respected Contributor

Fridgidaire, white, top freezer, 20 years. No complaints. :-)

Honored Contributor

I have an LG french door frig and love it!!!!   I've had it 3 years now and never had a problem.  

Honored Contributor

I meant to add.... I will never never never buy Whirlpool again.  I bought a new Whirlpool stove last July.  Defective.  Replaced.  Defective.  Replaced.  Defective.  All 3 were defective in different ways.  So I exchanged it for an LG with double oven.  Perfection!