Honored Contributor

The difference between then and now? There are still nasty posts, and nasty posters, but the percentage of the reported posts being deleted is higher. That's about it.

They never did want political or pot-stirring posts, it's just that it's enforced now.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@orangegarnet wrote:

@jubilant, me too!!   Remember this episode of Twilight Zone with Billy Mumy?  It was creepy and scary!

**********  I don't remember this one.  Maybe that's a good thing!

Honored Contributor

@jubilant, he like had control over people and did bad things..  maybe it is a good thing you didn't see it.. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s_a_Good_Life_(The_Twilight_Zone)

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

At least once a year we get a thread wanting people to fight. Unbelievable! 

Trusted Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

The difference now is that politeness rules instead of those who can be the most snarky.

I'm dead serious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

@Cakers3 Politeness?????   I've been around here a long time, and I guess I must have missed all the "polite" posts, there are still plenty of "snarky" (to put it mildly) posts here as always, just sayin'!Smiley LOL

Now the posts are full of polite snark or snarky politeness, depending on your pov.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

Re: What This BB Used To Be

[ Edited ]

I don't know how I feel about that thread. I went to it today and was going to respond to some of the comments, particularly a few who had, I felt, disparaged some points I'd made. Of course, I never had the chance. It was, as expected, shut down to further comment.

One of my posts yesterday was deleted for being potentially argumentative or some such tripe. Like that entire thread wasn't argumentative... Please... It thoroughly ticked me off to see that a few, who I considered to be rather hard core zealots, could apparently say anything they chose, but pretty clearly that didn't apply across the board. I continue to be absolutely flummoxed by what I consider to be a gross over-reaction, but so be it...

I too used to enjoy a good rousing discussion, but at this point, I tend to avoid them because you never know what the traffic will bear. Further, it's frankly annoying not to be able to respond to comments made about one's own posts because threads are shut down for becoming anything other than milquetoast. Clearly, that's what the Q wants.

It is what it is, but the entire QVC experience has become too homogenized. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I am not understanding... Is there something wrong with making a point and being polite?  Or, do some like or miss snarky comments?

Isn't better to discuss both points of view... rather then fly by comments, without substance?

No matter the discussion,  there will always be some with opposing points of view. I guess we can all agree to disagree... doesn't bother me a bit.  I am just trying to figure out what everyone is talking about what is "wrong" with this board?

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I don't know how I feel about that thread. I went to it today and was going to respond to some of the comments, particularly a few who had, I felt, disparaged some points I'd made. Of course, I never had the chance. It was, as expected, shut down to further comment.

One of my posts yesterday was deleted for being potentially argumentative or some such tripe. Like that entire thread wasn't argumentative... Please... It thoroughly ticked me off to see that a few, who I considered to be rather hard core zealots, could apparently say anything they chose, but pretty clearly that didn't apply across the board. I continue to be absolutely flummoxed by what I consider to be a gross over-reaction, but so be it...

I too used to enjoy a good rousing discussion, but at this point, I tend to avoid them because you never know what the traffic will bear . Further, it's frankly annoying not to be able to respond to comments made about one's own posts because threads are shut down for becoming anything other than milquetoast. Clearly, that's what the Q wants.

It is what it is, but the entire QVC experience has become too homogenized. 

I agree! 

Honored Contributor

The neverending is the few people who simply cannot exchange POV without making it deliberately personal, because they enjoy thinking up "clever" ways to insult people. They literally cannot (as in are seemingly unable to) disagree and express their own POV (and then *let it go*) without either making broadly insulting statements about "anyone" who has a different POV, or zeroing in to one or two posters who have a POV different from theirs and tossing out deliberate, mean, nasty personal insults.  

They toss out the bait of those deliberate personal insults HOPING to get a fight started with someone, because they know full well there are no consequences. Get your post deleted? Ohpleezenobiggiewhocares.  Such posters who make a game and a habit of this should be warned and then banned, IMO. It would eliminate over half of the thread locking and deletion, maybe more.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

The neverending is the few people who simply cannot exchange POV without making it deliberately personal, because they enjoy thinking up "clever" ways to insult people. They literally cannot (as in are seemingly unable to) disagree and express their own POV (and then *let it go*) without either making broadly insulting statements about "anyone" who has a different POV, or zeroing in to one or two posters who have a POV different from theirs and tossing out deliberate, mean, nasty personal insults.  

They toss out the bait of those deliberate personal insults HOPING to get a fight started with someone, because they know full well there are no consequences. Get your post deleted? Ohpleezenobiggiewhocares.  Such posters who make a game and a habit of this should be warned and then banned, IMO. It would eliminate over half of the thread locking and deletion, maybe more.

Sitting on my hands.  LOL...