Trusted Contributor

Re: What Things Did You Learn in 2015?

I learned the hard way that the only one I can count on to have my back is me. Even though people (including family) may sincerely think they'll have your back, when tested they will protect themselves and leave you hanging all by yourself -- guess it's just a natural instinct. It's left me very wary of being in relationships with people. 

Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

The most surprising thing I learned was that I am so very happy without a man in my life.

Hang in there.  I've heard your story over and over, and good for you for figuring it out.  All the best to you!

Respected Contributor

That life is full of change - and that I must adjust.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

that I am happier and healthier without a man in my life...

Valued Contributor

That some of my fellow brothers and sisters, on Earth, are being incited to commit horrible acts of utter madness by the Internet. That teenage girls are viewing propaganda  and filth on their phones and computers and are contemplating trips to the Middle East because they cannot separate truth from fiction and lies.  I was unaware this media could be hijacked and used so successfully for the worst imaginable purposes. I was unaware of its ability to entice, to the core, and turn humans into unthinking robots.  I have learned we do not know what to do about this. 

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Respected Contributor

i've come to the realization that i'm respected and loved by many people in my life.  i'm very lucky.  i believe in treating people as you want to be treated and this is so true!

Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

The BIGGEST, which was also the SADDEST thing I learned in 2015?  I trusted one of my friends way too much and it sadly cost me dearly.

hckynut(john)

i only trust my four legged friends John...

Esteemed Contributor

Renovating a home isn’t easy.  I’ve learned the hard way to do as much research as possible and get as many opinions as possible before moving ahead. 

Respected Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Reince Priebus will have his hands full in 2016.

LOL 

That is true but Debbie Wasserman Schultz needs to watch out for pitchforks.

Honored Contributor

I've learned to be more patient.  Our son and his wife have been in the process of adopting a child and we were sure 2015 would be the year it happened.  Hopefully it will be 2016.

Happy New Year to everyone!