Esteemed Contributor

@maximillian   I agree about PA.  Too many in our county bought into the hoax thing.

Our closet hospital has less than 50 beds, it would not take much to get overwhelmed.

I think all the I'm not afraid, I won't wear a mask crowd are perfect to work in Covid units to help connect critical and dying patients with the families via Facetime/Skype. It will free nurses to care for patients and since "helpers" hate masks it saves them for Drs. and nurses. Less hortages.

Respected Contributor

@@Re: What The Actual He** !

@fthunt 

I live in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.  The mask rule that you stated applies if you are with people outside of your immediate family.  Its intent is to mitigate  the spread of Covid-19 during the holidays, when you invite people OUTSIDE of your IMMEDIATE FAMILY into your home.   It will be impossible to enforce, but hopefully if will make people think about how serious the Pandemic is.  IT IS VERY SERIOUS in Pennsylvania at this time.  

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Carmie   Well, I don't know what to tell you. That is what my grandniece said and I have never known her to be a lair.

I am not trying to say your grandneice is lying.  I am just shocked that a teacher would do such a thing  when I know teachers are taught not to do that.

He could lose his job over that, COVID or not.  He is extremely irresponsible and walking a thin line.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Well speaking of idiots..........FOX website just posted your Governor of PA wants you to wear a mask in your home now.

Only if there are people in your home who do not live with you. 

Honored Contributor

Re: What The Actual He** !

[ Edited ]

@fthunt wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Well speaking of idiots..........FOX website just posted your Governor of PA wants you to wear a mask in your home now.

The doctors/experts are also stating that if you insist on having anyone other than  your immediate household for the holidays who has not isolated for 14 days prior then mask wearing by all is needed to protect everyone!!  Just because someone is a close relative doesn't mean they cannot spread Covid to the family if they were not wearing masks and social distancing where they lived!!!  Why would anyone want to possibly expose those they love?  Talk about idiots!!  That is not love and caring!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

If the teacher had the flu and gave it to the child, it wouldn't be that dramatic.

And that's why Covid is.  It's not the flu.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Cannot image any 15 yr old that would hug any teacher.  I addition a 15 yr old should have enough sense to keep social distance.

I don't think it's at all odd to think that a 15 year old would want to hug a teacher.

And this was clearly the teacher's fault, not the student's.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYC Susan wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Cannot image any 15 yr old that would hug any teacher.  I addition a 15 yr old should have enough sense to keep social distance.

I don't think it's at all odd to think that a 15 year old would want to hug a teacher.

You see nothing wrong with a 15 year old girl wanting to hug an adult male teacher during a pandemic.  What a strange world you must live. At 15 these kids are learning how to drive cars, yet they cannot understand the concept of social distancing.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

You see nothing wrong with a 15 year old girl wanting to hug an adult male teacher during a pandemic.  What a strange world you must live. At 15 these kids are learning how to drive cars, yet they cannot understand the concept of social distancing.

The world I live in is not strange at all, and there's no need to be snarky.  I am very much in the very real world -  more than you know.

Of course the students should understand social distancing.  But a 15 year old still has an immature mind, and many don't have fully developed impulse control.  Especially when emotions are running high.  It sounds as though it was the teacher who instigated the hugs. The OP said he was hugging all the students.  That's on him, not them.

And of course, 15 year olds know to keep distance, but the teacher is a full-grown adult, and clearly in a position of responsibility and authority.  It's up to the teacher to set boundaries and to keep students safe.  This teacher was irresponsible.  Instead of setting a proper example, he put them in an unsafe situation.  There's no question in my mind that he was at fault.

Esteemed Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

The world I live in is not strange at all, and there's no need to be snarky.  I am very much in the very real world -  more than you know.

Of course the students should understand social distancing.  But a 15 year old still has an immature mind, and many don't have fully developed impulse control.  Especially when emotions are running high.  It sounds as though it was the teacher who instigated the hugs. The OP said he was hugging all the students.  That's on him, not them.

And of course, 15 year olds know to keep distance, but the teacher is a full-grown adult, and clearly in a position of responsibility and authority.  It's up to the teacher to set boundaries and to keep students safe.  This teacher was irresponsible.  Instead of setting a proper example, he put them in an unsafe situation.  There's no question in my mind that he was at fault.

Strange that elementary school students have better impulse control and maturity during this pandemic than this 15 year old......but guess people just want someone else to blame rather than taking responsibility for their own actions,

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.