Esteemed Contributor

I just off the phone with my sister in central PA.

Her 15 yr. old granddaughter went back into school a week and a half ago.  They had been virtual since March.

Her 1 teacher has tested positive, not surprising, as have 2 kids. The kicker is, my niece said the infected teacher HUGGED his students when they went back. No,no,no. Why would you do that?

So far my grandniece is ok, but her Mom is diabetic, has an auto-immune disease and has chronic pancreatitis. Her Dad has health issues too.

I feel for anyone dealing with kids and school during this mess.

Honored Contributor

Wreckless endangerment.

Reckless endangerment is a crime consisting of acts that create a substantial risk of serious physical injury to another person. The accused person isn't required to intend the resulting or potential harm, but must have acted in a way that showed a disregard for the foreseeable consequences of the actions.

Esteemed Contributor

Speaking as a former teacher, the infected teacher was entirely inappropriate in hugging the students, virus notwithstanding. 

Esteemed Contributor

Cannot image any 15 yr old that would hug any teacher.  I addition a 15 yr old should have enough sense to keep social distance.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 I do also,  that teacher certainly doesn't seem to believe in social distancing, but teachers reflect the whole range of beliefs of our country.  Millions of people don't.

Respected Contributor

I can't believe a person who's no smarter than that is a teacher!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What The Actual He** !

[ Edited ]

2 of the grands are doing virtual, 4 are going in person (at least when the schools are open).  It has been a real challenge.  The school district has already announced it will be closed for the week after Thanksgiving. 

I just learned today that another local district, whose HS has been shut down, held a Homecoming dance this past weekend at a local country club.  Seriously?????  You can't make this stuff up.  The HS will remain closed until further notice.

As for any teacher hugging his or her students, especially with this virus, that is totally inappropriate.  The superintendent and school board should be advised.

Common sense has gone out the window and stupidity is rampant!

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Cannot image any 15 yr old that would hug any teacher.  I addition a 15 yr old should have enough sense to keep social distance.

Are you seriously trying to pin this on a young girl probably over the moon about returning to school???????????

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

If the teacher had the flu and gave it to the child, it wouldn't be that dramatic.

Honored Contributor

That's very odd if you ask me.  I have volunteered in a public school here in PA for seven years...pre-COVID.

Teachers are staff are not allowed to hug students.  If they ( children) hug us, we must keep our arms up and away from them and not hug or touch them at all.

Every year, we have to take and pass a course about approperiate behavior between students and teachers and how to report suspected child abuse.