Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@NEvans2 wrote:

SW PA. South Hills area of Pittsburgh.

@NEvans2   Love Pittsburgh and knew a guy from Waynesburg many years ago.

@Patriot3  I was pretty familiar with Waynesburg a long time ago.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I’m from Eastern Washington, the State.

Respected Contributor

RI

Honored Contributor

I have an uncle in Ypsilanti which is closer to Monroe than I am @Patriot3   I just went to a great niece's birthday party and ran into one of my second cousins and I'd swear she said one of my other second cousins moved to the Monroe area.  I know it began with the letter "M" and I think I'm remembering it correctly.  Then again there were a dozen small kids running around the house playing and I was trying to make sure nobody got hurt.

I'm a little fearful of towns in Lenawee and Washtenaw Counties because I'd swear that is Michigan's very own tornado alley.  Honestly when the weather gets bad, it tears up that part of Michigan.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

central Texas

Respected Contributor

Ohio, the Buckeye State

A small, shiny, dark brown nut with a light tan patch that comes from the official state tree of Ohio, the buckeye tree.  According to folklore, the Buckeye resembles the eye of a deer and carrying one brings good luck.

The first recorded use of the term Buckeye to refer to a resident of the area was in 1788, some 15 years before Ohio became a state. Col. Ebenezer Sproat, a 6’4″ man of large girth and swashbuckling mannerisms, led the legal delegation at the first court session of the Northwest Territory in Marietta. The Indians in attendance greeted him with shouts of “Hetuck, Hetuck” (the Indian word for buckeye), it is said because they were impressed by his stature and manner. He proudly carried the Buckeye nickname for the rest of his life and it gradually spread to his companions and to other local settlers. By the 1830s, writers were commonly referring to locals as “Buckeyes.”

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Trusted Contributor
The great state of QVC lol...Pennsylvania...otherwise known as the Keystone State

@Spurt
Of course I have to give a shout out to your adorable lone star kitty! ⭐😺
Trusted Contributor
@IamMrsG

The only buckeyes I know are candy & they are DELISH!😋
Esteemed Contributor

C A L I F O R N I A !!!!!!!!Heart Heart Heart

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Contributor

Michigan