Honored Contributor

Re: What Retailers Do You Buy From Who Don't Have Rewards Programs?

What do you mean by rewards?  If you mean rewards just for money spent without using the store CC, I shop at more places that don't offer rewards than do. 

My grocery store offers $.10 off in gas for every $50.00 spent.  That is all day, everyday.  Otherwise, I can't think of a place I shop at all the time that earns me rewards.

I won't get a bunch of store CC just to earn rewards points to spend more money.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I dont care about store reward programs, but I DO use online coupons and if I use my CC I get rewards if thats what the OP means......but I dont use a CC just based on where I can get rewards...if that's the CC objective it's failed with me

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I can't begin to tell you.  I'll take advantage of a rewards program if it's available but it's not something I look for or give much thought too.  

Respected Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

I have no rewards cards or points. Stopped using Mr Rebates.

Only have 2 major cc's. Neither are rewards.

You are trading all personal info and shopping habits for their points. 

If you are using cc’s why not use ones that give you cash back?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

I can only think of one.  

@Sooner

I can’t think of a single retailer I shop with because of a rewards program. I can’t think of any rewards program a retailer has that I’ve ever gotten a reward from. 

I don’t think I actively use any rewards program from any retailer...

Respected Contributor

Sprouts, Hobby Lobby, Trader Joe’s  and Dillard’s.

Respected Contributor

I pay no attention to such things. My mother taught me well. She always told me not to immediately look at prices when shopping, esp if things were on sale. The point: Learn to judge quality, get to know your own style, and only buy what you love and shop from places you trust. Don’t be swayed by rewards, sales, etc. if there is a reward or a sale, it’s a bonus but not a reason to buy.

Honored Contributor

I think most rewards programs other than grocery stores are ripoffs. You must spend thousands atcsome of the dept stores to earn just a few dollars.
Respected Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

@Snowpuppy wrote:

I have no rewards cards or points. Stopped using Mr Rebates.

Only have 2 major cc's. Neither are rewards.

You are trading all personal info and shopping habits for their points. 

If you are using cc’s why not use ones that give you cash back?

I pay cash in person as much as I can. Gas, groceries at the farmer's market, drug store. 

Online I use AMEX because of their CS. Ihave a Citi card I rarely use

and only have it as AMEX isn't accepted everywhere.

As a consumer you're paying for those rewards/points/free shipping offers. Posters here complain that an item's price goes up when EP is offered. You're paying for them to carry that balance for you.

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

I pay no attention to such things. My mother taught me well. She always told me not to immediately look at prices when shopping, esp if things were on sale. The point: Learn to judge quality, get to know your own style, and only buy what you love and shop from places you trust. Don’t be swayed by rewards, sales, etc. if there is a reward or a sale, it’s a bonus but not a reason to buy.

@libbyannE  We get great savings from CVS because of their rewards and cash off savings on items e would buy anyway. It is a reason to buy there for us. It keeps us from having to go farther for lots of standard items so we get savings and convenience for little trouble