Honored Contributor

Re: What New Year's resolutions have you made?

Think before I buy, and use things up before buying more.
Respected Contributor

For me, just to take time out for ME.  To take the time to enjoy my life, do things I want and like to do, take care of me inside and out!!  This includes watching my spending, eating and the way I treat others.  Take time to take care of myself!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

None. I try to live out each 24 hrs  doing the best that I can.  I just don't focus that far ahead

Valued Contributor

Going back to weight watchers. I hit my goal and maintained it for a few years than I had surgery and needed PT afterwards. Gained a few pounds back, I'm so ready to kiss them goodbye Woman LOL 

Honored Contributor

Gee, I thought I would be the only one to say NONE, thank goodness I have plenty of company Smiley Happy

I don't like the pressure I put on myself for a resolution, so I decided years ago to just keep on trying to do well, not just focus on one goal.

Trusted Contributor

This is not a resolution this is a change in my life. I am always so giving to people trying to be nice. I have been  taken advantage of for a few years now. So now it is my year to stop and think of myself. My generosity is on hold because it does not  get appreciated. It was a very hard this Christmas for me and it showed me enough is enough.

Honored Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

Cut spending, limit distractions, exercise more effectively, work more productively, be more organized with my time and in general; get more done in the same amount of time. I'm really pushing myself this year and being way more ambitious with my goals. I'm not aiming for the sky but the moon. 

I'm going to get everything I want this year. However, dreams don't work unless you do. I'm making sure I don't get in my own way by making sure I limit the distractions in my life in every way. I want to be as strong physically as I am mentally.

This year is about asking for what I want from life and doing the work I need to make it happen. I'm going to give people what they give me. I realized I was spending too much time making sure other people were happy and had what they needed.

This year, I'm taking care of me. 

@NycVixen. You summed it up.  This year, I am taking care of me.  2017 was a rough year.  I gave all of me and had nothing left.  I don't regret it and probably wouldn't change it, but I don't want to repeat it in 2018.  I am a giver, so I will continue to give of myself.  The twist is I am going to set boundaries and limits.  I need my own time and it's not healthy to be mentally burned out.  Looking forward to giving to me this year.

Esteemed Contributor

Since mom's death, I've taken up knitting, back into volunteering politically (big-time) and more volunteering with elderly and our Humane Society. Haven't picked up a knitting needle in over 40 years! Was too busy with marriage, raising a family, then returning to school for another degree, new career field,  and ultimately, my own health issues and mom's lengthly walk with dementia. Life always seemed to have other priorities. This is the first time in over 14 years I finally have time for me.

I've already had my yard relandscaped and many things moved in late November; others were eliminated. Sod was replaced after a lot of dirt was added for new flower beds. Hope they survive this unexpected, brutal winter. It was a project put on hold in 2016 due to mom's decreasing health issues. Can barely contain my excitement for Spring to arrive and the Contractor's to finish planting the remaining shrubs! Have my books out and decisions to be made of what else I want and where. Itching to place my hands in the black Nebraska dirt and enjoy! Plan to become acquainted with the new neighbors in our neighborhood, too. We have the kindest, most thoughtful neighborhood in town.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Since mom's death, I've taken up knitting, back into volunteering politically (big-time) and more volunteering with elderly and our Humane Society. Haven't picked up a knitting needle in over 40 years! Was too busy with marriage, raising a family, then returning to school for another degree, new career field,  and ultimately, my own health issues and mom's lengthly walk with dementia. Life always seemed to have other priorities. This is the first time in over 14 years I finally have time for me.

I've already had my yard relandscaped and many things moved in late November; others were eliminated. Sod was replaced after a lot of dirt was added for new flower beds. Hope they survive this unexpected, brutal winter. It was a project put on hold in 2016 due to mom's decreasing health issues. Can barely contain my excitement for Spring to arrive and the Contractor's to finish planting the remaining shrubs! Have my books out and decisions to be made of what else I want and where. Itching to place my hands in the black Nebraska dirt and enjoy! Plan to become acquainted with the new neighbors in our neighborhood, too. We have the kindest, most thoughtful neighborhood in town.  

@BirkiLady  You are lucky! We are surrounded by inconsiderate neighbors...and can't even put Christmas decor ourside...they got stolen twice!

Would love for us to get a windfall and get an acreage with an old farmhouse in Seward or Raymond area...

Mind you...I'm dreaming  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I don't make resolutions and avoid schedules as much as possible. I want to experience life not control it.