Honored Contributor

Re: What Makes You Smile?

[ Edited ]

This photo was taken from a video I took last summer of my friend, Bobby.  He was a young blue jay, and called for me everyday!!!  I had to hand feed him peanuts , in the rain, and hunt even hunted acorns for him, lol. He grew up, found a woman and still comes around.  But Lila, his wife is a jealous jay...so Bobby doesnt come to me like he did. That bird got me so motavated!  I ran out of bed everyday when he yelled for me at the window.  I was his slave girl, lol.. Traitor.  😂😖

image.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Bobby has the most beautiful blue feathers on a jay I have seen.  His coloring is unusual.  And his eyebrows, like lighting rods just made me smile and laugh every time he was around.  I think is has Coastal Jay in him

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt

26169335_1145557088914867_7233764599985830581_n.jpg

Heart

Super Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 I'm being a bit self centered tonight, and did not read the other replies.....

things that make me smile: 

inside jokes

unexpected pleasures

new, joyful experiences

humor in surprising places

and the best one?  random acts of kindness.....right beforeChristmas I watched a young man covered in gang signs/tattoos and scary as all get out stop to help an elderly female pick up her dropped bag of groceries....she was scared, and once she realized she could trust him they started connecting....

I was a random bystander in the grocery store parking lot, but dang.....that was a thing of beauty to me Smiley Wink

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Esteemed Contributor

Being with my family and being able to see my grandson, daughter, sister, nieces, mother and the rest of my family as often as I do. After living in the world for 47 yrs and meeting lots of people, I realize I am truly lucky because I have always had an incredibly supportive and loving family. That gives a person such a great foundation in life that I still get to see examples of everyday. When I was younger, I never appreciated as I do today how much of a difference that can make in a persons life and I am really thankful for that.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

Listening to my canary when he is singing his beautiful song as the sun streams through his window.   

Watching my two young guinea pigs doing popcorning and zoomies around their cage.    For those who don't know what zoomies are it's when pigs run aimlessly around the cage and leap up and shake their heads.     It's a sign of complete happiness and joy.   

Honored Contributor

my family!!! Even though I'm 1500 miles away everyday as soon as my GD gets home from school she calls me, my niece on her way home calls and my sons who just pick up the phone & calls just to say "hi!".

The older I'm getting the more I'm realizing how important those moments are!  

Of course, my kitty who has adjusted into a friendly kitty after his brother went to the rainbow bridge😢 A few months ago.  

And I'm thankful for technology which allows me to Skype or FaceTime with them ... 

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@chickenbutt

26169335_1145557088914867_7233764599985830581_n.jpg

Heart

Shoekitty said

oh for Pete's sake, I cant stand it.!!  That bun is just too cute!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Spending time with my 2 kids and 3 grandkids. I really miss not having my grandkids anymore to babysit. They are older now and my daughter got a job at the school so I don't watch them regularly anymore (for the first time since they were born). But they do come over of course to visit and the 2 younger ones stay over night at times. I don't see the oldest as much with college and working, but this is what happens when they're older, and I still see her at holidays and birthdays and we are in touch via messages or phone.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

Well, yesterday I saw two beautiful new puppies in our building.  Both 10 weeks old, a fluffy 10 week old retriever named Tank and a 10 week old French bulldog named Leo....both adorable, both so cute and happy.....smile worthy!