Trusted Contributor

Re: What Is the Most Unusual Food That You Have Eaten?

@DiAnne wrote:

@stuyvesant

OMG!  I can't even imagine.  So do you eat sushi now?

Yes I do @DiAnne, although I prefer sashimi.  But as I said, I've never forgotten that first exerience Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cows testicles.

And I had zero clue.

And no, it did not taste like chicken Smiley Sad

Valued Contributor

I think dragon fruit.  BE6FDC88-9D27-4877-A5DD-CD1CE067BE90-4475-00000586605B97AF.jpegEE629003-E49A-4FD3-A9DD-F7C3CFD88AA3-4475-000005882EFA9B63.jpeg

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I mentioned this in other forum replies, but when I visited my daughter in South Africa, we went to a restaurant called "Carnivore."  I tried crocodile, impala, zebra, kudu, and wild boar. Favorite was impala and zebra; not much difference between them and a good roast beef. I would supposer the zebra is similar to horse meat, which is common in many countries, and the impala is similar ro deer/antelope here in the US.

You know, when I was little, my Lithuanian grandmother made her own sausage, and I'm sure there were many questionable ingredients in it. She was from the old school Depression era where nothing went to waste, and all parts of the pig were put into the sausage. She worked in the packing house by the stockyards, and was able to bring home much of the offal free. 

Even today, you might be surprised what is in the hot dog you eat!