Esteemed Contributor

Re: ~ What Is Wrong With Me? Lately, I Cry Over Everything That Is Sad ~

Lakk, the story of your FIL is so sad and I think most sad for me because it reminded me of my dad. He was one mean *&% when us kids were growing up and I think he also was full of despair as he got older knowing what he had put us all through. He hit me so hard as a toddler that I flew backwards off of a dining room chair. I was too young to remember, but my mom told me that she had to lie when they took me to the hospital or they would have thrown my dad in the "brig". He was a navy man. Anyway, when he found out he had terminal cancer, he came to my house and apologized for hitting me. I told him that I had no memory of it, but if I did that I would forgive him. Fortunately (for most of us), I have nothing in my youth that I feel that I need forgiveness for. God is great.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

Yes, be careful and strive to be happy. It is a beautiful world among many other planets (which may not be as easy to live on as our planet).

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Twopeas, I would venture a guess that many people feel like you do. It certainly isn't depression, but there is a lot to be sad about in the real world.

Regular Contributor

Sometimes I think we have a limited life span because we just can't take the world's sadness anymore.