Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Is The "Craziest" Thing That You Have Ever Done?

Definitely,marrying my DH. We met at work. He was broke. Everyone thought I was nuts. Because I broke up with a rich guy who helped run his family’s business .

DH has worked his butt off over the years.He got several promotions.I was able to stay home & raise our son . Never had to go back to work.My friends who looked down on us are divorced & broke. DH & I are going on 39 years of bliss.

We’ve traveled,partied, laughed & cried together. Next year we get to dance at our son’s wedding. Always follow your heart. It will never let you down!!

Honored Contributor

I never had a curiosity about smoking, drugs, alcohol or sex.  

However, there were a few mischevious things that even to this day have never been divulged to my mother.   It usually involved being somewhere I was not supposed to be, but I never did anything mean or ugly.  

One moonlit night, I was gate keeper for an attempted cow tipping.....  

Esteemed Contributor

I will take it to my grave

Esteemed Contributor

The craziest was going to a mixed nude sauna in Germany with a female friend.  We went to our local sauna for the first time and after we had paid admission  discovered that it was co-ed.  We decided that we didn't know anybody in this small town and if you ever wondered about doing it, why not?  Quickly discovered that there is a system of etiquette to a co-ed (  be careful where you look-- eyes are best).  BTW after that I did do it about 1/2 dozen times in one locale or another.

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I will take it to my grave

@Mary Bailey   Yup!😄 me too!

Respected Contributor

I have to shut my mouth on this one.LOL
Honored Contributor

Suffice it to say, I've done a few dumb things.  A real dumb and dumber on some memories.  I see how young people do stuff and never recognize what is on the other side of the coin.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Surprised at the people admitting they got married at 17.  Wow.  What a risk!  I remember in my high school.  A girl pointed me out to anothr girl who was 16 and married.  Her parents allowed it.  

Did lots of crazy things in my teens and early 20's.  Hitched through Europe.  Something I would never do now. Drunk one night  and crashed in to someone's wedding at a hotel.  Everyone thought I was a friend of the bride.  Stayed most the  night dancing away.  Not exactly a crazy thing, but very risky.....as junior in college during the summer I biked across the country.  It was 3 teams staggered at starting points on the east coast.  Goal was San Francisco.  My teams goal. Another team got to L.A.  etc. My team won. Each team had 12 riders.  We stayed at homes that volunteered for it.  It's still done today.  Great experience.  At the end our parents were flown out to meet us.  We got to keep the bike, LOL. In all the years we never had a fatality.  But sadly in 2014, it did happen.  One girl was killed by a driver.  My father originally did't want me to go, but relented.  Glad he never knew about that.  As far as I know the great bike race is still offered each year. Even with that death haunting me, I would have still gone.  At the end of the race we got our picture taken.  I was totally different,  By the end I was nut brown and solid muscles!

Respected Contributor

@songbird   By ‘people’ guess you mean me? and why are you surprised I ‘admitted’ to being married at 17 y.o.

???  am I supposed to be ashamed to say this - not admit!

Respected Contributor

When I was young, I packed my bags and headed to Washington, DC, for a life in government and politics.

I did not know anyone in DC but I thought it would be an exciting adventure.

It was the best decision that I ever made.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF