Respected Contributor

Re: What Is The Strangest Thing That You Put In Your Salad?

@Imadickens  Kohlrabi is like a Turnip.  Tastes strong to me, but crispy.  I don't care for fruit, but I like green peas.

Valued Contributor

Well, except for the chicken feet and cilantro it all sounds really tasty to me...the ice cream thing is a little exaggerated for salad dressing maybe-I might try it in a pinch though....

I don't do baby corn either...something really weird about mutant corn creeps me out as well-my sister serves it on relish trays.....she thinks it's sophisticated...

Honored Contributor

I remember those large jars (pigs feet) with white lids.  Sort of shaped like a fish bowl.  As I recall, I liked them way back when I was a youngster.  Sort of a special treat, once in awhile.  Wish my parents would have saved those nice wide mouth jars..............

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@silentgirl wrote:

Well, except for the chicken feet and cilantro it all sounds really tasty to me...the ice cream thing is a little exaggerated for salad dressing maybe-I might try it in a pinch though....

I don't do baby corn either...something really weird about mutant corn creeps me out as well-my sister serves it on relish trays.....she thinks it's sophisticated...

How 'bout a tray of chicken feet & baby corn with a peanut butter ice cream dip?

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@silentgirl wrote:

How 'bout a tray of chicken feet & baby corn with a peanut butter ice cream dip?

Oh boy,Woman Surprised LOL.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Salad is my go to....I can eat it for breakfast!  Any fruit, veggies, nut, seed, sprout (my favorite is sunflower sprouts)  is fair game and I like topping with hemp seeds and making my own dressing usually with a tahini/fruit base.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

@silentgirl wrote:

Don'r forget to add lima beans, limburger cheese, and haggis. mmmm good

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

One of the best salads that I've ever had was a chicken salad at a Middle Eastern or Indian restaurant. I don't remember everything that was in it but it had spicy chilis as one of the ingredients that made my nose run while eating it.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@silentgirl wrote:

Don'r forget to add lima beans, limburger cheese, and haggis. mmmm good

I could handle the limburger (love strong cheese), but all the seeds for lima beans should be gathered up and burned, lol. And we don't do no stomachs, thank you.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

One of the best salads that I've ever had was a chicken salad at a Middle Eastern or Indian restaurant. I don't remember everything that was in it but it had spicy chilis as one of the ingredients that made my nose run while eating it.

My nose runs when I eat all the time. Doesn't have to be anything spicy or stove-hot either. I take allergy pills, Mucinex, Sudafed...and still it runs. Sigh....