Honored Contributor

Re: What Is The Strangest Thing That You Put In Your Salad?

@BalletBabe wrote:

I eat a lot of salad....and I put a lot in my salads....but strange things? Hmmmm.....what would be considered strange? 

@SeaMaiden  Pickels?  ugh

@BalletBabe  Nope....love a pickle.  The only vegetable I do not like is cilantro.  But that is not strange.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

I eat a lot of salad....and I put a lot in my salads....but strange things? Hmmmm.....what would be considered strange? 

Pickesl are delicious in salads especially hot and spicy ones. Heart

Chicken feet.

Ewww, I saw a recipe for them the other day.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

Pickesl are delicious in salads especially hot and spicy ones. Heart

Chicken feet.

Ewww, I saw a recipe for them the other day.

Now that's my definition of strange.Smiley Surprised

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

BalletBabe wrote:

@BalletBabe  Nope....love a pickle.  The only vegetable I do not like is cilantro.  But that is not strange.

I never heard of cilantro till I moved to Florida.  Isn't that in Salsa?   I can't say if I like it or not but I do like salsa!  lol

I think if you like it throw it on. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure it's as strange as widely unheard of (I think)! Years ago (42ish) I was at a hoity dinner in Chicago with my parents. They served a salad with Hearts of Palm! After that, I was hooked as were my folks! I passed the love to my dd!

Oh, oh, yeah, I thought of another! I like salad with broken raw Ramen noodles on it!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

i like lots of different things in lots of different salads.

so far no one has mentioned anything "strange." i cannot think of one "strange" thing i use.

love different fresh or dried fruits, love all types of lettuce, love nuts (especially candied ones), all types of veggies......tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, broccoli, red onion, vidalia onion, celery,.....cheeses, salad dressing, crunchy bread or crispy wonton noodles,....hard boiled eggs.......herbs, and more.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

thin slices of raw kohlrabi is probably as strange as I get.

Help, please? What is that?

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Respected Contributor

I am boring--I have racked my brains but I don't think I put anything strange in a salad. 

I like radiccio (sp?), endive, homemade dressing with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and mustard.  I throw in a few chopped calamata olives and turkish pepper and I am there.  Sometimes I go crazy and use spinach instead of endive.  Smiley Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

I don't think I put anything strange in my salads - nothing that isn't usual at a salad bar.

I don't want meat in my salad with the exception of Chinese Chicken Salad and even then I want it shredded, not in chunks.

I like chickpeas (garbanzo beans), kidney beans, jicama, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, corn, shredded carrot, julienned beets, croutons, sunflower seeds, crispy chow mein noodles, dried cranberries, grated parmesan, crumbled (real) bacon, red onion, avocado - definitely not all on the same salad!

LOL, and here I was thinking except for the chow mein noodles, red onion and avocado your salad was sounding really good.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

I make Mason Jar Salads to take to class.

Chick peas, craisins, almonds, lettuce, avocado, grape tomatoes, cheese, and chicken or ham.  

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.