Honored Contributor

Re: What Is The Strangest Thing That You Put In Your Salad?

I love cut-up fruit and a few nuts with a sherry vinegar dressing.  I also pair fruit with meat, last night we had thin pork shops with fried apple slices with a little cinnamon on them.  I have a friend who thinks using fruit like any of that is nuts.

Artichoke hearts and thick sliced hearts of palm.

Chickpeas.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I eat a lot of salad....and I put a lot in my salads....but strange things? Hmmmm.....what would be considered strange? 

Things that wouldn't go together like beets and bleu cheese which I do like.

I  love both beets and blue cheese on my salads.  I put all kinds of fruits and nuts in my salads along with veggies. Is it weird to put raspberries and red onions on the same salad?

One thing you won't find in my salad is ranch dressing.   Yuck!

Honored Contributor

I like dried fruit (cranberries, raisins, currants),  something crisipy like the dried French fried onions. or crushed Doorito or potato chips or taco chips.

Esteemed Contributor

There aren't a lot of things off limits in my salads but dried cranberries and sliced water chestnuts are almost a must.  Mandarin oranges are also a salad staple.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think I put anything strange in my salads - nothing that isn't usual at a salad bar.

I don't want meat in my salad with the exception of Chinese Chicken Salad and even then I want it shredded, not in chunks.

I like chickpeas (garbanzo beans), kidney beans, jicama, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, corn, shredded carrot, julienned beets, croutons, sunflower seeds, crispy chow mein noodles, dried cranberries, grated parmesan, crumbled (real) bacon, red onion, avocado - definitely not all on the same salad!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

I don't think I put anything strange in my salads - nothing that isn't usual at a salad bar.

I don't want meat in my salad with the exception of Chinese Chicken Salad and even then I want it shredded, not in chunks.

I like chickpeas (garbanzo beans), kidney beans, jicama, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, corn, shredded carrot, julienned beets, croutons, sunflower seeds, crispy chow mein noodles, dried cranberries, grated parmesan, crumbled (real) bacon, red onion, avocado - definitely not all on the same salad!

I love all of the above except for chickpeas.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I eat a lot of salad....and I put a lot in my salads....but strange things? Hmmmm.....what would be considered strange? 

Things that wouldn't go together like beets and bleu cheese which I do like.

@JaneMarple  I guess I am strange as that sounds normal to me! I eat weird anyway!

Honored Contributor

One steakhouse we used to frequent (Scotch & Sirloin) when we were early in our marriage had a salad bar. I used to make a salad of cauliflower florets, Parmesan cheese and blue cheese dressing. Loved that combination.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden  Pickels?  ugh

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@SeaMaiden  Pickels?  ugh

Pickesl are delicious in salads especially hot and spicy ones. Heart

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson