Honored Contributor

Re: What Is The Point of QVC2 & QVC3 Now??

@homedecor1 wrote:

@dex 

"Retired" by QVC not that they were ready for retirement ...a nicer way to say "gone", "fired", "pink slip", etc.

• Antonella Nester (18 years w/QVC)
  • Kristen Bell
  • Stacey Stauffer (David's sidekick on ITKWD)
  • Gabrielle Kerr

This happened last Thursday ☹️☹️☹️

@homedecor1  @dex 

One correction, its Kristine Zell.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@dex 

"Retired" by QVC not that they were ready for retirement ...a nicer way to say "gone", "fired", "pink slip", etc.

• Antonella Nester (18 years w/QVC)
  • Kristen Bell
  • Stacey Stauffer (David's sidekick on ITKWD)
  • Gabrielle Kerr

This happened last Thursday ☹️☹️☹️

@homedecor1  @dex 

One correction, its Kristine Zell.....

@Spurt 

Omg can you tell I have "Frozen" movie on my mind...honestly, I have no idea who Kristen Zell is or what she hosted...so much for watching QVC😉

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

There is no point.  It never made sense to me either.  People like to watch live shows and know what's being presented is actually available.   I agree, the other channels will disappear soon.

@LindaSal 

It never made sense to me, either.  HUGE waste of money, IMO.  Poor management decisions.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sometimes they air the shows over and over.  I know that "Shawn Saved Christmas" aired for almost a week (in her pajamas and nose glasses).

shawn 2.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Only a matter of time before they are gone.  And our area was late getting them in the first place. Seems overkill and not necessary to keep them going. 

Honored Contributor

They should experiment with those channels. Put on some niche shows with a slower pace and more lifestyle content. Have a talk show with a bunch of chitchat about nothing, and change the set and clothing and makeup and jewelry being used each show. Make sure everything that is not nailed down can be bought.

It makes sense because think of how often we hear about someone wanting to know what Shawn or Amy was wearing or what lipstick or what brand is that vase in the background. An all product placement show, with simple pleasantly fun and superficial content to draw people in.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

There is no point.

There never was.

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

Seems a waste of $$ when they are looking to be more profitable.

Occasional Contributor

I absolutely agree!  I feel QVC has made a very big mistake.  As an example, I was totally frustrated when I watched a Valerie fall decore show yesterday on QVC2.  Any item I selected was already sold out.  It's like a mean tease!!  Definitely not a good business move.  It's too bad that you lost some very good hosts by doing this as well.  I find myself watching QVC when I need noise to go to sleep.  Sad!!

Occasional Contributor

They will be sorely missed!  Bad move on QVC's part.  I am aware of many women who were so upset by thiese firings (and I am one of them), that I am definitely weaning myself off watching any of the shows.  Such a shame.  I hope these women find employers who truly value their service!!