Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Is The Point of QVC2 & QVC3 Now??

There is no point.  It never made sense to me either.  People like to watch live shows and know what's being presented is actually available.   I agree, the other channels will disappear soon.

Honored Contributor

Which hosts are recently retired?

Esteemed Contributor

Dan Wheeler.
Trusted Contributor

@shell 

Well, QVC2 started out as all reruns, and not really that long ago. QVC3 was always all reruns. In a time of cutbacks and slower sales, it really does seem appropriate to reduce total live broadcast hours, just as it was appropriate in a time to growth to add them. 

My take is that QVC, like most businesses and most of us, too, still expect a recovery to occur. Siince nobody knows what will happen or when, it's probably not the best time to make drastic changes if we can help it. Laying off hosts is dramatic enough.

At least this way, they are preserving their channels for future use, and probably capturing viewers who don't care to watch what's on the live channels. If they don't, then they'll be cut, is my guess. Meanwhile, the marginal cost may be relatively low as long as they generate sales. I have no clue whether that will turn out to work for them, but I can see how it makes sense. 

Honored Contributor

@dex 

"Retired" by QVC not that they were ready for retirement ...a nicer way to say "gone", "fired", "pink slip", etc.

• Antonella Nester (18 years w/QVC)
  • Kristen Bell
  • Stacey Stauffer (David's sidekick on ITKWD)
  • Gabrielle Kerr

This happened last Thursday ☹️☹️☹️

Honored Contributor

@shell wrote:

If they are both only showing previous aired shows why do they need 2 channels for that.  I only watched Q2 when they had live shows, now I wont watch at all, seems pointless to watch a show that has aired earlier and all the good stuff has sold out.  If they want to save money they should do away with both of these channels, no one will miss them.

I thought of this too. I think that Q has a lot of money invested in this and they trying to hold out until the pandemic ends. 

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 @Thanks for the update.I am shocked!I thought Stacey had it made with David and Antonella was working well with Shawn.I love Gabrielle and can't understand.I don't know Kristen but what a hellish day last Thursday was.

Valued Contributor

They serve to allow the executives that made the decision to have those channels to not admit that they were wrong. They messed up with hiring so many hosts for those channels. Epic fail.

Honored Contributor

Probably cheaper for them to air it, rather then hire extra people to host, trot out models, etc.

I mentioned this before, but honestly....I never thought QVC2 had been live (or taped 1st time)  I only discovered that.  I always assumed the entire QVC2 were reruns from the very beginning. . And now they are going to be reruns. 

Frequent Contributor

There's an all-Christmas channel? Is it QVC's?