Frequent Contributor

What Is The Point of QVC2 & QVC3 Now??

If they are both only showing previous aired shows why do they need 2 channels for that.  I only watched Q2 when they had live shows, now I wont watch at all, seems pointless to watch a show that has aired earlier and all the good stuff has sold out.  If they want to save money they should do away with both of these channels, no one will miss them.

Honored Contributor

Re: What Is The Point of QVC2 & QVC3 Now??

I agree.  If they're trying to cut costs, why keep them.

Honored Contributor

I totally agree with you.  It's frustrating when they show something (especially clothing) and some or many of the items are already limited.

I'm a bit slow sometimes because I couldn't figure out if it was new how it could be limited in sizes and colors, etc.

Then it dawned on me (or maybe someone here pointed it out) that it was shown on QVC ...whatever on the other two stations before being offered here.

I don't see a reason for the other two stations.  Unless it is for people who only want to view makeup, things like that.

I forget which only shows makeup and one shows the same thing as on regular QVC.

Honored Contributor

When I'm in the mood for TV sales pitches, I see what's on all six channels - QVC, QVC2, QVC3, HSN, HSN2, and Christmas.  I settle on the one that has a product I'm interested in and a host I don't mind.  So, I like having a choice.

Honored Contributor

I assume both will disappear once their contracts with various cable providers are up.

I never watched either even when they were live - they never made sense to me.   

Respected Contributor

I never watch either of them.

Respected Contributor

It doesn't make sense to me either. Items sell out and it will just frustrate people more. I don't watch very often, but won't bother at all now with Q2. I don't get Q3.

Honored Contributor

Until this latest batch of hosts were let go and one of them cited the reason as Q2 as going to all previously aired shows, I had no idea Q2 was no longer live at all.  They still have a Q2 Big Deal which seems really silly. 

I agree that once their contract is up with cable/streaming, I suspect maybe they will keep Q2 like HSN has HSN2 but the others will go.

I just recently began seeing commercials for QVC on my local channels and they have ads all over YouTube too which speaks volumes.  My guess is sales are way down.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I often watched the other two channels even when they weren't live, and since I don't watch QVC all the time, there are plenty of old shows I've missed.  QVC's metrics will tell them how many people are watching.

Honored Contributor

They have their reasons.  I don't know what they are or their point and I don't need to know.  Sometimes I watch to see a show I may have missed.  It's an option.