Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

@JaneMarple @Was Karen the plady who called 911 when a family was cooking food in a park.

@dex No, she was BBQ Becky.  There was also Permit Patty who called when a kid was selling bottled water on the street.

Honored Contributor

@Linmo @Oops..thanks for setting me straight lol.

Trusted Contributor

I started noticing the "Karen" meme last summer.  My 21 year old son and I talked about it then, he also was just noticing it.  He said then, "she always has this haircut...and its a complete mess on top."  That's when I noticed that they were using Kate from Kate Plus Eight as the Karen meme.

The_Id_Like_Can_I_Speak_To_The_Manager_Meme (1).webp

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Rather unfortunate for ladies who were given the lovely name of Karen by their parents.  There's a poodle down the street who answers to the name Karen.  She seems peppy and friendly.

I am Karen, and it does NOT bother me in the least!  I enjoy fb friends who tag me over and over in diff "Karen" memes!  It has always been my name, and this has brought attention to my name!  This will pass in a NY minute!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

I found out about "Karens" from reading Reddit several months ago. Why that name was picked? I have no idea.

@JaneMarple,  no surprise you were introduced to "Karen" on Reddit.

For the purported history:  en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_(slang)

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

The two Karen's I've known were the two nicest really caring people....

I wondered why there were so many "karen" memes out there.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Honored Contributor

Re: What Is A Karen?

[ Edited ]

I see that this thread has succeeded in its mission to divide! For those of you who still have open minds, look up the origins of "Karen". It was NOT created by a Black person!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Oooo, ooooo, I just thought of another Karen I know.

But her name is Tracy.

I'm confused.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

I see that this thread has succeeded in its mission to divide! For those of you who still have open minds, look up the origins of "Karen". It was NOT created by a Black person!

I was just about to respond to the two posts that are gone. You are absolutely correct, @JaneMarple 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland