Trusted Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

@Linmo 

I'll take it - I'm Karen (nicknamed Ko).

Karen and it's slang doesn't bother me ONE TEENY TINY LIL BIT - karenslang and the silliness behind it, is just that - silly and unimportant.

This particular middle aged white chick is made of much more than any slang thrown at me....it matters not.

@MoonieBaby  Now, that's the attitude to have, bravo. 

⚓️
Esteemed Contributor

fullsizeoutput_6ac.jpegI just ran across this on Facebook.  Apparently "Karen" stood her ground for a while even after other parking spots opened up.  I got distracted and didn't finish reading the article, but looks like the term "Karen" is here for a while.  It was a bit confusing trying to figure out who did what by reading the article.

I read that this tic toc has been viewed over 18 MILLION times since Sunday.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is off topic and argumentative

Respected Contributor

It is funny, i have been hearing this for weeks now. If that was my name i would not be one bit upset and would think it is really funny Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I'll share another meme, only at least I know for sure how this one came about.

My given name is actually Sharon, and I discovered to my chagrin that in England, that is the ultimate trashy name for a woman. All because some stupid columnist, who isn't even alive anymore, used to run made-up stories about two checkout girls named Sharon and Tracey.

It's really out of control over there - you can be prejudged very harshly if you're unlucky enough to be named Sharon (or Tracey, I suppose.)  I read a novel recently where the heroine is disclosing her less-than-savory background, and her welfare-dependent mother who spends on all the wrong things, and she says, "Her name's even Sharon!"

Anyway, if anyone cares to read more about it, there's a 2013 article from The New Statesman called "The Curse of Being Called Sharon."

At least in the USA, it's just a very common boomer name, thank goodness.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Trusted Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

@Linmo 

I'll take it - I'm Karen (nicknamed Ko).

Karen and it's slang doesn't bother me ONE TEENY TINY LIL BIT - karenslang and the silliness behind it, is just that - silly and unimportant.

This particular middle aged white chick is made of much more than any slang thrown at me....it matters not.

A non-Karen Karen! Woot! Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

a columnist in the local paper wrote an obnoxious column on this but used the name Marge instead of Karen   I'll be interested in seeing if anyone writes a letter to the editor because I don't think the columnist got that she was being just as unpleasant as the people and incidents she was writing about  

Honored Contributor

Funnily enough, I know a couple Karens and both fit the definition.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@moonandthestarsIt has been in a particular news story since Memorial Day. The incident occurred in Central Park so you can Google it; it's been heavily reported in the NY Post. It is a hot topic so best not to go into details here.

No. This is not when this started. It started long before the incident you're talking about, her name just happens to be Karen.

Esteemed Contributor

Where the heck have I been?????? I've never heard this term and obviously didn't know the meaning.  But.....hey.....I'm known about "Bye Felicia" for several years now.  Smiley Happy

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown