Trusted Contributor

@tansy  Yes I know  Let me edit my post to say "baby names".

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Esteemed Contributor

I first heard about Karen within the last few weeks in connection to a note with instructions to a UPS man.  

If interested, google karen ups note.  I chose the ruinmyweek dot com link  

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor
A “Karen” is my sister in law. And funny enough, her name is Karen!
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor
@Deree Wthout a source cite for all I know those lists can be your own. Karens named in the 1950s and 1960s on your lists qualify as baby boomers.🙄 I was born in the 1950s and there were lots of Karen girls around. I knew more Karens than a lot of names on your lists.
Esteemed Contributor

@moonandthestars  It's news to me as well. I feel so out of the loop😁.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

I first heard about Karen within the last few weeks in connection to a note with instructions to a UPS man.  

If interested, google karen ups note.  I chose the ruinmyweek dot com link  

@esmerelda   OMG  I just looked that one up.   LOL

That goes beyond being a Karen.  Not to mention it would have been illegal for the UPS man to open that package.

This type of hysteria is beyond reason.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

If anyone wants to know what "Karen" means right now, google it. I landed on dictionary.com. The definition was just as I had thought.

BTW, there was an op-ed in today's Los Angeled Times on "Karen."

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure Karens come in all colors. 

Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@DereeWthout a source cite for all I know those lists can be your own. Karens named in the 1950s and 1960s on your lists qualify as baby boomers.🙄 I was born in the 1950s and there were lots of Karen girls around. I knew more Karens than a lot of names on your lists.

@Pearlee  I wouldn't have any reason to make up my own list lol.  And I didn't cite a source because I didn't think it was critically important.  Just a point of entertainment.  It really isn't that important you know so feel free to disregard the lists. 

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Respected Contributor

Re: What Is A Karen?

[ Edited ]

I am Karen and a baby boomer.  I am very kind and very sensitive.  I love babies, animals,  and nature.  I never want to hurt anyone's feelings. My mother named me Karen because it is the Norwegian form of Katherine.