Honored Contributor

What Interests Do You Have That Your Friends Just Don't Share?

I love dishes and tableware and don't have any friends or family members who share this interest (obsession?  LOL!!) with me.   So I just was wondering do you have things you love to collect or things you like to do that your friends can't excited about?  You've found bouillon spoons and nobody cares? 

Do you get the same eyerolls sometimes?  LOL!!!  

See, but I hear golf stories that I simply have NO idea what they are talking about!  LOL!!!  I am amazingly good at seeming interested in all those fuzzy details about eagles and birdies and such!  

Honored Contributor

Re: What Interests Do You Have That Your Friends Just Don't Share?

[ Edited ]

Word games and puzzles, cooking, reading historical/poliical biographies, watching tennis, and NASCAR.

Honored Contributor

Football and reading Regency Romances, I know, I'm a complicated woman. LOL.📚📚🏈🏈

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Genealogy and fast cars! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I think that is common. I love dishes and tablewear too (just got Mottahedah tobacco leaf) and I love beauty products. I have friends that are into that sort of stuff too and some who have no interests whatsoever in it.

I am really into silver. I have about 3 or 4 tea sets and all kinds of serving pieces. I don't have too many friends who have the same obsession.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Sometimes I feel like my brain is turning to mush.  I adore my friends (they are amazing).  However, I can't talk to them about some current affairs, the environment, just things that really interest me because they just don't enjoy talking about them.

My daughter just got back from an Alaska cruise.  We sat on the phone and talked for an hour about how the environment has affected Alaska, about the Rainforest's and so on.  She's extremely knowledgeable and up on all current affairs.  I so enjoy talking to her.

I keep saying I must join a group of people whom I can talk with at least once a week or every two weeks just to exercise my brain.

It's not like I'm a brainy person, but I just find everything interesting and enjoy discussing everything.

Respected Contributor

Photography.  None of my friends like it and I am obsessed with it.

Respected Contributor

Gardening, house remodeling, and playing the slots.

Respected Contributor

anything history, geography.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I love dishes and tableware and don't have any friends or family members who share this interest (obsession?  LOL!!) with me.   So I just was wondering do you have things you love to collect or things you like to do that your friends can't excited about?  You've found bouillon spoons and nobody cares? 

Do you get the same eyerolls sometimes?  LOL!!!  

See, but I hear golf stories that I simply have NO idea what they are talking about!  LOL!!!  I am amazingly good at seeming interested in all those fuzzy details about eagles and birdies and such!  

I'm with you @Sooner !  I love putting on dinners, especially theme dinners, and using different dishes and servingware. We've been married a long time and I get a lot as gifts.  

I also like politics and have a very close friend who shares that interest.  Not a lot of people are interested in science but my family is.  I was a science major in HS through grad school.