Respected Contributor

Re: What If the Situation Were Reversed?

Charles was and is a selfish pig. Was too much of a weenie to make a committment to Camilla when he should have. Pressured to marry a virgin, ridiculous since he'd been bopping with so many. Besides that, he has so much sex appeal....NOT. A hot mess just like Camilla, they deserve each other. YUCK.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I don't understand the question.  Since it's only women who care about this royal soap opera, who strayed from the marriage first wouldn't have mattered.  That Diana Diana had many affairs compared to Charles' one.  With the love of his life.  Not a riding instructor with bright red hair.  Diana wax young and pretty and actively courted the press and loved media attention.  So nothing would have changed the perception here in America.  It's a but more balanced in England.  None of it matters now.  She's long dead.  Life went on without her.

Frequent Contributor

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

To me it's a sad comment on Charles who was almost 30??? and didn't have the *** to marry the "woman he loved"  as one of his older relatives had.  I don't think he would have had to give up his right to the crown.  But be honest and don't give in to the pressure of grandmothers????  Is thLongshot.

The situations were totally different. Not even close.  Of circumstances he didn't want live his life in exile.  He considered it his DUTY to respect the laws, history and heritage of the country he loved.  And Camilla woukd never have abandoned her children to go off with a man. Even the man she loved.  

Honored Contributor

I'm strongly against affairs, but I think people should actually be in love when they marry. Both Charles and Diana had their flaws. I'm glad he's happy with his true love, and I wish Diana had found true happiness before  she died. I think she would have been a wonderful grandma and would have gotten along with her son's wives. My reasoning is that she wanted her boys to be happy and would not involved herself in their love lives.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@Janey2 wrote:

@QVCkitty1  I don't buy the "young" and "inexperienced" excuse. Diana lived in that world. I bet she knew exactly what she was getting into by marrying Charles. I might be the only person on the planet who never trusted Diana and thought she was a big nothing.

Well, Charles was 10?? 11? years older than Diana.  Which one had more experience of the world and should have known better??  I don't think Diana knew what was entailed with being a princess and was in over her head.  

I think  he thought Diana KNEW it was a business arrangement, an arranged marriage.  They didnt know each other, they met a few times before the engagement was announced.  Met.  Not dated.  He was forced into marriage because that was his duty.  He needed an heir.  So his grandmother found a fertile Virgin with the pedigree.  Chargers knew.  Diana didn't.  The whole thing was a bleep show that no one could predict would end so horribly.  It's ironic.  They wouldn't let him marry Camilla because as a modern young woman, she'd had previous boyfriends. She wasn't a Virginia.  Then he marries a virgin and it's a total disaster.   

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree 

Well he WAS living at home at 30 in his Mum's basement, if only figuratively!!!!

He was like her pet!!!

Trusted Contributor

Don't care. These people (and those famous with lots of money) do not share the world I or my loved ones deal with on a daily basis. They don't influence us, they don't contribute to it and if they fell of the face of the earth, it wouldn't change anything about our daily lives. 

Just as I'm pretty sure they don't give a blip about what we do. 

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@Janey2 wrote:

@QVCkitty1  I don't buy the "young" and "inexperienced" excuse. Diana lived in that world. I bet she knew exactly what she was getting into by marrying Charles. I might be the only person on the planet who never trusted Diana and thought she was a big nothing.

Well, Charles was 10?? 11? years older than Diana.  Which one had more experience of the world and should have known better??  I don't think Diana knew what was entailed with being a princess and was in over her head.  

@kaydee50 Diana was well schooled on royalty and brought up with them.  She lived in that world.  Her grandmother was one of the closest to the Queen and Elizabeth was one of Diana's younger brother's godmothers, and Diana's father served as personal assistant to Queen Elizabeth's father, according to what I read, and her older sister dated Charles.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner 

Married people having affairs, whether in a Forward or Reverse Gear? I can only speak for myself, not "think what other people would say". 

Married men or women, regardless of their Status or Name, are Cheaters.  Period. 🎙

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)