Honored Contributor

Re: What I love about Amazon

@VegasBusinessWoman wrote:

@suzyQ3  @Mj12 I had my own credit cards, MC and Visa, before I married DH.  He is not a signer on either card.  When we married, he gave me a Visa off one of his accounts to use if I needed it, so I use that occasionally for an emergency.  I opened an Amazon Visa a couple of years ago so I could accumulate points, but it is in my name only.  We have separate Amazon pages, although I occasionally go to his Prime page when I need to something delivered right away and I charge it to him.  I also go to his page to watch movies and shows  Is this what you were asking about?.

To tell you the truth, @VegasBusinessWoman , I'm not sure what the heck I was asking. Smiley Happy

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Now they're trying to put Fed Ex out of business.  

Frequent Contributor

I have ordered so much from Amazon this season and its been so convenient...they have great customer service and the shipping is just unbeleivably fast. In several years of doing business with A I do not have one single complaint Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

I got a picture early this morning showing a package on my porch after they placed it behind a column to hide it from view...Fedex. It last week, they left a pkg on the doormat that was from Crate and Barrel with the very distinctive box with huge letters....in plain sight from the street. I was just leaving my house when I saw the truck, turned around and retrieved the pkg. got the text it had been delivered hours later,
Respected Contributor

I don't know how a delivery company can be responsible for finding a place to hide a package from view but I agree it can be a problem. 

I get  packages from sams' club delivered by fed ex and don't have a problem but they usually take 4 or 5 days which is ok with me.

Trusted Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@VegasBusinessWoman wrote:

No question, Amazon is on their game!  My only beef with them is about Prime.  DH has Prime, but I can't use it unless I share a credit card with him.  That seems somewhat sexist to me.  Every woman should have credit in her own name; I have my cards and he has his. It is a great way to keep the peace at home.  I don't see a reason to pay for two Prime memberships for merch coming to the same house.  Since most things delivered by Amazon are free shipping over $25, it isn't a major thing, just annoying.

Have you called Amazon and spoke to CS. 

Do you use your husband last name or a professional name for business? 

@Nuttmeg Yes, and it is what it is.  I realize most married couples share credit card accounts, but we agreed before we were married that we would try to be as independent as posssible in that regard.

And no, I don't use my husband's name.  I wrote on another thread about the incredible hassle I had to go through to get right with the IRS and SS after my first husband died.  I've been married to my second husband for 14 years and haven't changed my name--no real reason to if you have that certified piece of paper.  Every few years DH asks me about it, but I'm not going to do it unless it is a dealbreaker between us.

Esteemed Contributor

I have prime and can,t get my order that says prime for five days.  Also switch to Netflex, better movies.  No prime next month, quitting.  They do have excellent CS.

Honored Contributor

Just today, I accidentally ordered a kindle instead of a book.  It was intended to a friend that doesn't have a tablet.  I called them up.  No problem.  They promptly refunded me and sent out the book to my friend.  Will get it tomorrow. 

Frequent Contributor

@pdlinda wrote:

One of the things I love about Amazon is that when an issue arises about ANYTHING, all I have to do is call CS.  Within a very short time (not multiple "prompts" press this press that) I get a LIVE person to whom I can explain the situation and get immediate feedback and satisfaction.

I have a printer cartidge issue with HP at the moment and the DIFFERENCE in dealing with their CS (everything by email with "please don't reply to this message") is like "night and day!!!"

I also have the Chase Amazon CC and love all things I get for "free" as I always have a running tab on that card.

Ita. Their customer service is very good.

Respected Contributor

I can't sing the praises of Amazon enough!  All our out of town packages have arrived well before Christmas, even the ones sent to Alaska arrived in the alotted 2 days! They are the best at what they do. Love all the other perks too. Music, movies, tv shows, books. Great!