Honored Contributor

What I have noticed and what I think

Since this outbreak of Coronavirus, I have been concerned but not overly; however, it has brought awareness to me that all the wipes, sanitizers, etc. should have been installed in restaurants, grocery stores and even companies a long time ago to bring us into the 21st Century.  So, in some ways the Cornoavirus is good to bring on awareness.  Hopefully, it will also change our day to day lives at home too.  Stay safe.Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What I have noticed and what I think

I supply my own wipes and hand sanitizers. Why should I expect any person or business to provide them for me? 

Personal responsibility.

Super Contributor

Ho-HumSmiley Sad

Respected Contributor

The grocery store I go to always has disinfectant wipes by the carts but this past Monday they were nowhere to be seen. I asked an employee about it and she said they couldn’t get anymore at that time. I didn’t like grabbing onto the cart without wiping the handle down first. 

Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

I supply my own wipes and hand sanitizers. Why should I expect any person or business to provide them for me? 

Personal responsibility.

But I bet you eat the free breadsticks.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

Our 3 grocery stores have wipes most of the time.  Today they all had them.  Farm and Fleet and Wal-Mart have them too.  It's their job obligation since they all sell them.  TP, paper towels and hand sanitizer is another thing.

Regular Contributor

Where do you live? In a cave?  Most every store I shop at has provided wipes, sanitizers for a long time now.

Respected Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

Personal responsibility.

I think it really depends on the business.  I think it should be available in restaurants, especially in buffets, and in doctor's offices.

Most of the restaurants I've been to in the last few weeks have had large bottles of hand sanitizer available in the front. I've been making note of those places and will be sure I visit them more often than the places that don't.

I find the phrase "personal responsibility" is often used to virtue signal assumed superiority over others.

Respected Contributor

Wipes have been available at many stores for a long time, people just don't stop to take advantage of them...if they're available I use them, if not I use the wipes I always have in my purse. I believe in personal responsibility...nobody cares more about me than me.

Honored Contributor

i have seen wipes and hand sanitizer stations at grocery stores and pharmacies for a long time now.

i cannot say i have ever seen wipes or hand sanitizer stations in restaurants of any type from fast food to fine dining.

we own two small businesses and we do not provide these things for our customers, although they are welcome to go into the bathroom and wash their hands if they want.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein