Honored Contributor

Re: What I have noticed and what I think

Always carry my own because I know not all stores will have them.  It is appreciated when they do.  Walmart was the first in my area years ago, then the grocery stores followed shortly thereafter.

As for other businesses, not so much in the past, but some are now.  I continue receiving emails from retailers telling me how they are sanitizing their stores throughout the day.  

Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

I supply my own wipes and hand sanitizers. Why should I expect any person or business to provide them for me? 

Personal responsibility.

I agree, here on out, like when I go to my chiro, I'll be taking my own wipes along.  Once before I wondered about them wiping down the lay down chair surfaces.  I didn't see if they did or didn't but I remember thinking about it. NOW, I will definitely take my own to be sure.  

Now that I've learned about the many-germ surfaces in a hotel room, I'll double down on those other things too.  Like light switches, remote controls, t.v.'s.  I already did the whole bathroom area of wipe downs and cleans before using, but now, we need to be alert on more of those areas and take care of ourselves.

Esteemed Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

One good thing to come of this....We noticed last time in the grocery store that they FINALLY have carts without those kiddie seats in them! Just what I want...a fold down seat in my cart where dirty diapers, spittle, boogers etc have occupied just before I put my food in it.

@silkyk 

That is why I always use the mini carts. I never purchase more than a few days groceries at a time, so it works for me.

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

@silkyk   I always also wipe the inside of the cart where groceries go. People put kids in them with their shoes on! 

@1Snickers   I hear you on that one.  Have you ever noticed how dirty the wipe gets when you do that?  Yuck.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh