Respected Contributor

What Have You Learned

[ Edited ]

With all the time on our hands, and so many talking about "classes" on-line, I wonder what new experience have you tried/done?  For me, it cut my husband's hair.  Checked out a few videos on You Tube and figured, what the heck.  It's hair and it'll grow back.  So earlier this afternoon, we went on the porch and I got my Conair shears and went to town.  DH has a buzz cut -- the shorter the better.  It came out pretty good if I do say so myself.  DH was pleased, too, but forgot to tip me.  

@mods would you please move this to community chat

Honored Contributor

I'm going to attempt my own this week.

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

With all the time on our hands, and so many talking about "classes" on-line, I wonder what new experience have you tried/done?  For me, it cut my husband's hair.  Checked out a few videos on You Tube and figured, what the heck.  It's hair and it'll grow back.  So earlier this afternoon, we went on the porch and I got my Conair shears and went to town.  DH has a buzz cut -- the shorter the better.  It came out pretty good if I do say so myself.  DH was pleased, too, but forgot to tip me.  

Next time put out a tip jar. 😂

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Frequent Contributor

I learned what was in the back, farthest depths of my closet and every drawer!!  LOL.

Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Learned:

• I cut my own bangs and it looks okay
  • Hubs shaved his head -- doesn't look okay - not yet. I'll get used to it
  • Working from home -- I'm not as good at technology as I thought I was. Much more confident at work. Having to learn new applications just because it needs to be done and I've lost some sleep over it. Boo
  • There's some items I need to replace in the kitchen.
  • Any doubts I had about retiring in February have vanished. I'm ready.
  • Technology is a life saver for staying in touch with family and friends.
  • I actually love long drives with Pandora or audio books - something you don't take the time to do in your busy life
  • A few facebook friends I've known for decades, who claim faith is so important to them are actually negative, frightened, narrow minded people. The worst came out in them during this challenging time. I snoozed them for 30 days. 
  •  
"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

The one thing I learned was not to stress over what I can not control. I was really losing it over the Covid virus and then I read a line in a list of calming yourself down and it said what I wrote above. So, I can not tell you how a weight was lifted off my shoulders. I make sure I follow all the safety guidelines. 🙏❤️

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker   If you want the mods to move your post, you can do so by clicking on the Report Inappropiate Content link and type your request.  The link is underneath your post count on the left.

Or notify a MOD by name. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

That I don't need to be running around all the time to different stores, buying things I don't need to make me happy.

I can be happy at home with a lot less.

Esteemed Contributor

Me and hubby started learning Tai Chi.  Bought a dvd on Amazon and it is really amazing stuff.   Keep the house very quiet and enjoy the deep breathing and slow movements.

It's been very zen  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

How to wash my hands like a surgeon. That is about it. I have not learned anything positive from this disaster.